Translations of the Android App v2.5

Dear community,

We are getting closer to the next version of the DHIS2 Android App which will introduce new features. The app is now in the testing phase and because of this it is a great opportunity to contribute translating the app so the users in your country can fully understand it.

As you may already know, the app (as most of DHIS2 projects) uses a web platform called Transifex where everyone can contribute.

We made some changes for next version an now you will see 4 resources that require translations, each of them related to a core part of the app:

Selecting one of those will show you the available languages and the completion status:

So, if you want to see the application translated into your language feel free to add translations before Friday the 29th of October. Just follow these steps:

1. Open the Transifex project link: https://www.transifex.com/hisp-uio/dhis2-android-capture-app/languages/
  2. Click on the big blue button “Help Translate ‘Android Capture’”.
  3. Create a new account / or log in if you already have one
  4. Request becoming a part of the translation team
  5. Start translating by selecting the language you want to contribute

If you have any issues while using the tool feel free to ask here and we will help.

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

@aliceal maybe we can summon your power to engage the French community? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dear @jaime.bosque and @Pablo

Hope you are doing well.
We have translated followings for ANDROID: Capture
/develop–analytics-strings-xml
/develop–map-strings-xml
/develop–form-strings-xml
/develop- strings-xml
/develop–commons-strings-xml

Additionally we could not find any translation strings for the PROFILE and Hidden Section. Where they could be found?

Based on the information above I would like to ask you to update translation for the Ukrainian language. Please use translations made by the user Semchuk. And final question: when this update will be available then?

Thank you.
Regards, Ulanbek

1 Like

Hi @Ulanbek ,

Thanks for the translations provided for Ucranian, they will surely get in the new version of the App which will be released very soon (still uncertain 100% about the dates).

Regarding the PROFILE and Hidden Section. Can you clarify what sections do you refer to? It is not clear to us.

Thanks

Hi @jaime.bosque

Thank you for your reply.
Below attached screen shot of the enrollment part

and when we open DETAILS, we will get the following screen:

I am referring the texts in this page. Where they can be translated and replaced?

Hopefully after update we will provide a new feedback, as there might be still untranslated text strings.

Thank you
Regards, Ulanbek

Hello @Ulanbek

I believe that those are section titles and you could translate them as part of the metadata (it is not related to the App). You can do so in the Maintainnce > Program > Program Stage Sections > Translations

However, I see there are some strings there that might need to be included and I will check with the team:

• Enrolling OU
  • See Details
  • Events

Hello Jamie,

I know that it is possible to translate in desktop version and we have done it. And this is translations for the program attributes sections name.

There are no possibility to change the name as if you want to update you will get an error shown below:

I have tried many times but failed. My DHIS version is 2.36.10.

Could you check pls?

Additional question regarding multiline dropdown options. Some people have visual impairments and use bigger font size on their Android.

In this case that multiline options became unreadable.

Is there any possibility to change the hight of multiline options with regards to the font size applied?

Thank you
Regards,
Ulanbek

Hi @Ulanbek .

The Android App will pull the translations from the server (for every string). If those are not being saved at server level it is normal that Android cannot display them. I have checked with whoever might be in charge to see if they can provide you support on that matter. Once it is solved it should automatically be effective in Android after a metadatasync.

Regarding the dropdown. I will create a JIRA request and update it here for you to follow up.

Hey @Ulanbek .

The issue about the optionsets seems to be still present in the latest version of the App that will be released soon, we will evaluate and see if we can include it. Otherwise it will be for the next patch version. You can follow up here: [ANDROAPP-5041] - Jira

2 Likes

Hi @jaime.bosque

Thank you for your support.
Looking forward for the new version! :slight_smile:

Regards, Ulanbek

2 Likes