Translation of DHIS2 to Georgian

Hi,

My organisation (Frontline AIDS) is working a lot with DHIS2 in the Eastern Europe and Central Asia region. We have contributed to both the Ukrainian and Russian DHIS2 translations so far, and now I would like to request a third! Can Georgian please be added as a new language to DHIS2 (and available as a locale on v2.30)?

Many thanks,

Monika

3 Likes

Hi @monika,

Tagging @phil to advise on this.

Best,
James.

1 Like

Hi @monika!
(thanks @jomutsani)

Thanks a lot for the support of Frontline AIDS in the translation effort. Much needed and appreciated :). Georgian is now added as a new language for each of the app of DHIS2.

Cheers,
Matthieu

2 Likes

Hi @monika,

Cool!

I’ll raise a ticket to add Georgian to locale selection in the system.

Thanks and kind regards,
Phil

2 Likes

Thank you @jomutsani, @Matthieu, and @phil for addressing this request so quickly!

Do let me know when Georgian has been added to the locale selection (and on v2.30) so I can use this as a database language :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@monika, Actually, you can add custom locales into your instance(s) yourself via the Maintenance app → locales, but I recently found that it forces the region as part of the code when you do that (e.g. ka_GE for Georgia); so I just want to confirm that it will still pick up the files we create in transifex (using only language code ka).

3 Likes

@phil - oh cool, I did not know that! It explains a lot about the ukraine locale (uk_UA) which looks different from the other codes in our instance.

2 Likes

@monika
The locales defined in Maintenance are purely for the Database, and are managed completely independently from the Interface locales; so you can add the custom database language and start working with that for metadata as soon as you like!

For the Interface Language, the system dynamically generates the list based on the language files it finds in the system. (So once Georgian translations get above 20% complete and start getting pushed back into the system, then Georgian should be available in the Interface Language dropdown too).

3 Likes

@phil - amazing! Thanks for this, really useful info :+1:

2 Likes