Transform attribute of an entity age in integer to an age group in Report event

Hi everyone,

I have configure an entity type with attribute age of type integer and sex =‘M,F’. Now I want in the report event to display sex by age group. Age group will be : < 12, 12-20, etc… Is it possible to o this.
Same question for program indicator when I want to define an indicator called “number of entity by sex and age group”. Is it possible to desagregate indicateur by sex and age group.
Thanks for your help.

Gérard Bisama

1 Like

Hi @Gerard_Bisama,

Which version of DHIS2 are you using?

For the event report to display sex by age group; it is possible using the program indicators.

Question on program Indicator - Yes, using the event reports (Use the 2 dimensions - Gender and Age).

Best,
James.

1 Like

Hi James, I am using the 2.29 version. Here below is the form am using to entre data. When I use sexe since it M,F it create disagregation by M and F but when I use date. Each data appear as category since we enter age in year. I would like to create a group of age from age(ans) and use it in the report event instead of each age appear as category.
For indicator when I define the program indicator and go to pivot table I dont see any way to display by age or sex.

2 Likes

Finally, I have found a solution that seems fine for my requirement. I have create an attrivbute agegroup and I use program role to assign agegroup base on the age of the entity. it works fine.

Thanks

2 Likes

That’s great @Gerard_Bisama! Good to know you are sorted.

Best,
James.

1 Like

Thanks for this exchange. I am currently having the same approach as @Gerard_Bisama with the program rule.

@jomutsani, I have explored without success the approach with program indicator. Would you mind to bring more detail ?

- Event reports

• Create DE and Tracker Program
  • Set the DE it with program rules from another PE
  • Use event Report

Pivot Table

• Create X program indicator for each age & gender ? (it is heavy if it should be repeated with lot of indicator)
  • Is it possible to have a category option for event report ? (it seems no)

Thanks for your reply
Pierre.

1 Like

Hi @jomutsani ,
possible create program indicator with breakdown by sex and age group?
if so, plz help a little guide.

thank you
channara

Dear all,
I found that data element as date type able to do age group by using legend option, but it doesn’t work for tracker attribute.
how to make it work for tracker attribute?

thank you
channara