Tracker data into Aggregate forms- URGENT PLEASE HELP!

Dear Users & Devs,
i’ve a tracker which collects malaria individual data and also having aggregate form collecting malaria data monthly, the problem is data duplication (individual & aggregate data) is there a way in which tracked data can automatically be aggregated into monthly forms.

1 Like

Hi,
We are doing something similar, but we have not tried to populate aggregate data collection forms with tracker data… mainly because it’s not clear why we would need to include the field in data entry, rather than sorting it out using analytics. Can you give more detail? You want to aggregate tracker data on a monthly basis (which you can do through indicators), but you want that data to show up in your monthly aggregate data collection form?
~Natalie

1 Like

Hi @ahly

Duplication of tracker data into routine aggregate reporting is quite common where you have a tracker program to provide clinical workflow support but you still have ministry monthly or routine aggregate reporting requirements. I would say that in most cases it is not necessarily wise to combine them together because very often the patient coverage of the tracker system is not 100%. Meaning there are patients receiving services that are not being enrolled into the tracker system, but would be caught by the aggregated routine reporting. Could you provide more information if this if your case?

To combine tracker and aggregate data you could make program indicators that aggregate the tracker data elements together. You could also make a regular indicator that included the aggregate data elements with the program indicator or the tracker data elements. You could be able to view these indicators on your dashboard to see tracker and aggregate data combined.

If you want to push tracker data into an aggregate data element you could use predictors for that. You will have to make a predictor that sums the tracker data element into an aggregate data element. You would probably want this to run on the first of the month and have a sequential sample count of 1. The problem with that is that it would offset your tracker and aggregate data by one month. For example your tracker data would be from September but the aggregate value would be stored against October. This may not be acceptable in many cases.

There is an app called the D2D app developed by HISP Mozambique and Alfredo Muchango. I’ve DM you his email address. This app is designed to do this exact thing, move tracker data to aggregate. You can watch a demo here: Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

As far as I understand the application is still partially under development, but he might be able to release it to you.

2 Likes

Yes Natalie, what i want is that tracked data to automatically fill aggregate fields, but am sure your way of using indicators is the best because if we have tracked data then why aggregate data of it.

1 Like

Thanks alot

1 Like