Tracker Capture has stopped

Hello @jomutsani, I am having a problem with DHIS2 Tracker Capture App. Every time I try to login, the app crashes and gives message “Unfortunately, DHIS2 Tracker Capture has stopped”. I have tried get the downgraded .apk (0.59, 0.58 up t 0.52), they are all giving the same error. Kindly I need help if you an idea on the fix for this issue

2 Likes

Hi @fjsigalla,

It’s great you reached out to us; I am tagging our @dhis2-tracker team to have a look and advise. What Version of DHIS2 and build are you using?

Best,
James.

1 Like

Thanks @jomutsani for your prompt response. I am running DHIS2 version 2.31.3 and build 99d7b74. Though I am kinda thinking the problem is on the .apk side. As I also have and DHIS2 instance version 2.28, am also experiencing the same issue when I try to login to that one as well.

1 Like

Hi @fjsigalla, tagging the @dhis2-android team on this too.

Best,
James.

Hi @fjsigalla,

the DHIS 2 Tracker Capture App is compatible with 2.27, 2.28 and 2.29 DHIS 2 versions, for later versions you would need to use the new Android DHIS 2 Capture App. You can get it from Google Play or Github.

Since you are also trying with 2.28, this should not be a problem of compatibility though. Is there a reason for you to use the old app instead of the new one? If not, I would suggest you to test with the new App and let us know if it works.

Thanks,
Marta

1 Like

Thanks lots Marta, the new Android DHIS2 Capture App has worked. I was using the old app coz I hadn’t trained my users yet on how to use the new app.

@jomutsani Thanks. Marta’s solution has worked out

1 Like

ok, @fjsigalla, I am glad the new app worked well. However, if you still need to use the old one, your server is compatible (no later than 2.29) and the app cannot log in, please send me an email to marta@dhis2.org to investigate the issue further.

thanks!
Marta

1 Like