To show and un show options in a common dropdown menue

In the form, I have created there is a drop-down consisting of 3 options namely

1. Live births
  2. Fresh still birth
  3. Macerated still birth

When I select live births the form will show “All options” and will hide all options for options “2” & “3”.

Snapshot 1 : When live births are selected all options show

Snapshot 2: when selecting Fresh still births and Macerated still births all options will hide

Now the new requirement is

when I select live births - All options should show,
when I select fresh still birth all options should hide except birth weight
When I select Macerted still birth all options should hide.

Please advice

1 Like

Why is it hiding is there a rule that’s already hiding it?

Dear Gassim,

Yes there is a rule hiding it.

Sorry could you explain this rule that’s already working?

Please share all the related rules that are already hiding/showing fields because it seems like these rules could be configured differently. I mean, for example, if selecting one of the options hides the fields then changing the selection should simply stop the effect of the other option :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dear @udakaya,

I believe you need to create three program rules for each option, and you need to play/ change the program rule expression (The condition), and change the program rule action (The filter) accordingly.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance or clarification.

If you need more details, please do not hesitate to contact me.

BR,
Ayman

1 Like

Hi @udakaya, you can try creating Option Groups that consist of a subset of the options relating to what is selected, then in the Program Rule have the Action as ‘Show option group’ to only show the Options in the Group.
This is what we have been using relatively successfully for a few years now, for Data Elements with Value type = Text & linked to an OptionSet that we use in Programs.
Feel free to DM me if you would like further info/help, happy to assist :slight_smile:

3 Likes