Suggested Improvements

Hi developers,

There are a couple of useful functionalities I hope you might be able to incorporate in future releases:

1) Move data from one month to another. If a user accidentally enters data into the wrong month, can you create a function that will help move this data to the right month. Right now, the only way is to delete all the data and then re-enter the data. This is okay for a small dataset but it becomes a real issue when there are lots of data elements.

2) Users with appropriate rights to be able create an sql dump of the database from the front end.

Cheers

Busoye

Hi Busoye,

many thanks for your suggestions.

···
  1. Move data from one month to another. If a user accidentally enters data into the wrong month, can you create a function that will help move this data to the right month. Right now, the only way is to delete all the data and then re-enter the data. This is okay for a small dataset but it becomes a real issue when there are lots of data elements.

This we can do. We already had a blueprint for this which I have put up for 2.14:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/data-movement

1. Users with appropriate rights to be able create an sql dump of the database from the front end.

This I think we will not do in near future. To me this is more of an deployment option and will depend a lot on how the database is installed and whether the database server permits external access.

best regards,

Lars

Hi Lars,

I hadn’t had a look at the blueprint in a while. Thanks.

It’s a fair point you make about the sql dump. We are working with our server administrator on access to database backups.

Cheers.

Busoye

···
  1. Move data from one month to another. If a user accidentally enters data into the wrong month, can you create a function that will help move this data to the right month. Right now, the only way is to delete all the data and then re-enter the data. This is okay for a small dataset but it becomes a real issue when there are lots of data elements.

This we can do. We already had a blueprint for this which I have put up for 2.14:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/data-movement

1. Users with appropriate rights to be able create an sql dump of the database from the front end.

This I think we will not do in near future. To me this is more of an deployment option and will depend a lot on how the database is installed and whether the database server permits external access.

best regards,

Lars