Stuck in The Same Step Every time Trying to Setup DHIS on My own computer

I want to install and learn DHIS2 on my own computer, but I’ve tried multiple sources online and attempted the installation several times without success. I recently tried from this source (DHIS2 Installation on Windows Local Server – DHIS2 Web Portal), but I’m stuck at the same point again (Step 7). When I try to run Tomcat10, the CMD window opens briefly and closes immediately without showing any errors (it closes in less than 1 second). When I run Tomcat10w, it displays ‘Server status: Stopped,’ and clicking ‘Start’ doesn’t initiate the server. Where could I be making a mistake? Can you please assist?

Hi @mcb1991

Welcome to the community! :tada:

From experience, I have found that for starters who want to learn about using DHIS2, installing a local repository using containers seem to be the easiest and fastest way. Please see the following guide: How to spin up a DHIS2 local instance | DHIS2 Developer Portal

You might be interested in checking out play.dhis2.org

You need to make sure the versions are compatible. Feel free to compare the instructions with the instructions in the official documentation: https://docs.dhis2.org/en/manage/performing-system-administration/dhis-core-version-master/installation.html

Could you share the complete Catalina.out log (without including sensitive/authentication info)?

Thanks!

If you are using a Windows machine, I would recommend running DHIS2 within a linux virtual machine runining ubuntu 20.04 or 22.04.
Virtualization options like VMware, VirtualBox, and Hyper-V are all supported on Windows. Then, you can proceed with the setup using the tools, dhis2-server-tools, tools for quick setup