struts or webwork

Hi All,

I am almost done with the model and services and now planning to move into the presentation layer of the CHIS coding. So for which one do we settle - webwork or struts? I heard that murod is working on struts. Murod - have you committed anything? I couldn’t find about struts from your branch - lp:~dhis2-devs/dhis2/d2s2ss2.

Thank you.
Abyot.

Hi,

···

To: dhis2-devs dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 2:38:47 PM
Subject: [Dhis2-devs] struts or webwork

Hi All,

I am almost done with the model and services and now planning to move into the presentation layer of the CHIS coding. So for which one do we settle - webwork or struts? I heard that murod is working on struts. Murod - have you committed anything? I couldn’t find about struts from your branch - lp:~dhis2-devs/dhis2/d2s2ss2.

Thank you.
Abyot.

Yes, the brunch is here https://code.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs/dhis2/d2s2ss2 . All changes are committed. You should find three main modules for struts2 integration: dhis-support.struts2, dhis-web-commons-struts2 and dhis-web-commons-resources-struts2. All other web modules are using sturts2 now and also acegy security have been changed to spring security 2 and there are some security issues (restrictions) on menu options, working on it.

regards,
murod

Hi All,

OK. But it seems there will be some time before this is merged into trunk. Abyot I think the best would be to just go ahead using the existing webwork stuff, the migration to struts is quite easy and Murod can help you later. If you are making interceptors, keep extending Interceptor and not AroundInterceptor.

Lars

Hi Lars,

Hi All,

OK. But it seems there will be some time before this is merged into trunk. Abyot I think the best would be to just go ahead using the existing webwork stuff, the migration to struts is quite easy and Murod can help you later. If you are making interceptors, keep extending Interceptor and not AroundInterceptor.

Lars

Abyot is right, all my commits are stored somehow locally, not sent to launchpad repo. I am working on it to commit to launchpad soon. What is there is not updated at all from initial branch creation.

murod

Hi All,

Ok fine will stick to the existing webwork !

···

2009/7/7 Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com

Lars

Hi,

···

To: dhis2-devs dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 2:38:47 PM
Subject: [Dhis2-devs] struts or webwork

Hi All,

Thank you.
Abyot.

I "push"ed my code and it is on launchpad branch d2s2ss2 now. Please check and comment.

murod

Hello,

Has DHIS2 officially transition to only using Strut for the presentation layer?