Stage Completion error

Hello team,

I am writing to ask you about completing a stage on DHIS2. I have an error when completing one stage, the others are okay, they don’t have any problem but when completing this specific stage it shows this error message:
“Failed to update the event in the server, An error occurred please check your import summary”
Please note that this issue happens with some users.

Could you please help me find the issue.
Thank you in advance.

@dina.mazloum,

When a user gets this error message, it’s important to know exactly what the issue is and this is by using the Network tab in the browser’s developers tools (F12). First, please open the network tab before completing the stage, and then while the Network tab is open complete this specific stage which you’re facing an issue in. Second, see which of the lines has red text, click on it then click on response. Third, please copy the response, and finally paste it here so that we understand what’s the issue behind the error.

I hope this screenshot example will also help.

Thanks!

Thank you for your reply.
This is what I got:
{“httpStatus”:“Conflict”,“httpStatusCode”:409,“status”:“ERROR”,“message”:“An error occurred, please check import summary.”,“response”:{“responseType”:“ImportSummary”,“status”:“ERROR”,“importOptions”:{“idSchemes”:{},“dryRun”:false,“async”:false,“importStrategy”:“CREATE_AND_UPDATE”,“mergeMode”:“REPLACE”,“reportMode”:“FULL”,“skipExistingCheck”:false,“sharing”:false,“skipNotifications”:false,“skipAudit”:false,“datasetAllowsPeriods”:false,“strictPeriods”:false,“strictDataElements”:false,“strictCategoryOptionCombos”:false,“strictAttributeOptionCombos”:false,“strictOrganisationUnits”:false,“requireCategoryOptionCombo”:false,“requireAttributeOptionCombo”:false,“skipPatternValidation”:false,“ignoreEmptyCollection”:false,“force”:false,“firstRowIsHeader”:true,“skipLastUpdated”:false,“mergeDataValues”:false,“skipCache”:false},“importCount”:{“imported”:0,“updated”:0,“ignored”:1,“deleted”:0},“conflicts”:[{“object”:“Km6y821jBQC”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“jsGW37C4mcG”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“a0M3XEoaxu0”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“TabR3l4P6Ds”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“bunsy7akBaD”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“r6uOk3yaYa4”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“FKnQOAA1wv1”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“UMTDQtVeslO”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“aErWv2FPX67”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“kpfwaLrV8PU”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“pGqRTtpvBNN”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“AXXMBVDlOOh”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“pV87YwtijgM”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“ROv2GPrzbIW”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“XgQzVeQSC8v”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“UFWOyXnAjUK”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“cuykgW8lcae”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“jzg3lXYLf3y”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“vNvHlQQfe2V”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“BRjnPhYQWFv”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“jDpa5Z46Dsd”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“OcrvAKPcov0”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“vC1z8lMgXmE”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“bAeOowGs2VJ”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“Xdpr99RHkU1”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“ZOIAtRm6Ntx”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“MlA0ZiIdLaX”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“cma12kudoSU”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“cJizy7tya0j”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“qrJH9CS38Bj”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“JJNafXsxvvT”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“sTIzvkundnO”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“HrHQWJOemvX”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“lagzd9xsNBZ”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“vFgPMhKRW4M”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“UKChfV7onq3”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“UjRZnNqpuNe”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”},{“object”:“e83icCN73Iz”,“value”:“value_required_but_not_provided”}],“reference”:“CY7I3VWL9KR”}}

I believe you might have marked DataElements as compulsory in your programStage form and therefore you are getting that response.

I am not sure how the system is supposed to handle that and maybe someone from @dhis2-tracker can clarify.

1 Like

yes I did, because there is some fields that should be mandatory and not optional

It seems there is an error somewhere, as the app should have given you the feedback about the missing mandatory fields in a more user friendly way. Please register a jira bug and we can follow up on it.