Some problems with the DV

Hi there again,
I am having some issues with viewing details of categorical data elements in the data visualizer. Nothing appears, but I am not able to reproduce it on the demo system, so it must be something with my metadata. The database was bootstrapped with XML which was produced from a legacy system, and then imported into DHIS2. The problem seems to be something to do with the data element operands.

An example URL looks like

/dhis/api/dataElementOperands.json?links=false&dataElementGroup=hnAolX5V237&_dc=1389936206424&page=1&start=0&limit=25&sort=%5B%7B%22property%22%3A%22name%22%2C%22direction%22%3A%22ASC%22%7D%5D

but returns an empty response.

I created some sql with

SELECT ‘INSERT INTO dataelementoperand VALUES(’ ||

nextval(‘hibernate_sequence’::regclass) ||‘,’ ||

b.dataelementid || ‘,’ || c.categoryoptioncomboid || ‘);’ from _dataelementcategoryoptioncombo a

INNER JOIN dataelement b on a.dataelementuid = b.uid

INNER JOIN categoryoptioncombo c on a.categoryoptioncombouid = c.uid;

and which generates a bunch of INSERT statements to populate the dataelementoperand table. After that, things worked.

Any ideas what I may have missed during the metadata bootstrap? Seems like I recall having seen something related this before, but it was a slightly different problem.

Best regards,

Jason

···

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there again,
I am having some issues with viewing details of categorical data elements in the data visualizer. Nothing appears, but I am not able to reproduce it on the demo system, so it must be something with my metadata. The database was bootstrapped with XML which was produced from a legacy system, and then imported into DHIS2. The problem seems to be something to do with the data element operands.

/dhis/api/dataElementOperands.json?links=false&dataElementGroup=hnAolX5V237&_dc=1389936206424&page=1&start=0&limit=25&sort=%5B%7B%22property%22%3A%22name%22%2C%22direction%22%3A%22ASC%22%7D%5D

Any ideas what I might be missing which might cause this problem?

Best regards,

Jason

Jason, we just fixed an issue in 2.14 today where only stored operands were returned. I am pretty sure this solves the problem you are having as well. So most likely nothing wrong with your db, just sloppy devs :slight_smile:

Jan

···

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there again,

I created some sql with

SELECT ‘INSERT INTO dataelementoperand VALUES(’ ||

nextval(‘hibernate_sequence’::regclass) ||‘,’ ||

b.dataelementid || ‘,’ || c.categoryoptioncomboid || ‘);’ from _dataelementcategoryoptioncombo a

INNER JOIN dataelement b on a.dataelementuid = b.uid

INNER JOIN categoryoptioncombo c on a.categoryoptioncombouid = c.uid;

and which generates a bunch of INSERT statements to populate the dataelementoperand table. After that, things worked.

Any ideas what I may have missed during the metadata bootstrap? Seems like I recall having seen something related this before, but it was a slightly different problem.

Best regards,

Jason

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there again,

Any ideas what I might be missing which might cause this problem?

Best regards,

Jason