sharing settings on DataElements / metadata

Hello,

We have realised that dataElements (and I think other metadata) are visible to everyone by default (in contrast to dashboards). Nevertheless we need that only a group of users have access to these dataElements.

(sharing settings to dataElementTest and dataElementTest2)

If we group these DE in a DEGroup and we change its visibility, the DE remain visible to everyone.

(sharing settings of the dataElementGroupTest)

image

(a user not in DHIS2 Admin team)

The questions are :

  1. What do you recommend us to do?

  2. Is there a way to change easily this visibility without doing an script/App ?

  3. If not, is there an easy way through the API? (i.e. add a group keeping the existing ones )

Thank you so much !

Ramon.

Hi Ramon

In order to hide certain data elements, you need to set up sharing for each individual data element, the data element group, etc. I am not aware of a very easy way to do this though would be happy to hear other methods.

image

···

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 4:20 AM, Ramón José Jiménez Pomareta dhis2@pomareta.ch wrote:

Hello,

We have realised that dataElements (and I think other metadata) are visible to everyone by default (in contrast to dashboards). Nevertheless we need that only a group of users have access to these dataElements.

(sharing settings to dataElementTest and dataElementTest2)

If we group these DE in a DEGroup and we change its visibility, the DE remain visible to everyone.

(sharing settings of the dataElementGroupTest)

(a user not in DHIS2 Admin team)

The questions are :

  1. What do you recommend us to do?
  1. Is there a way to change easily this visibility without doing an script/App ?
  1. If not, is there an easy way through the API? (i.e. add a group keeping the existing ones )

Thank you so much !

Ramon.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Shurajit Dutta
Health Information Consultant

At some time we forgot to copy all the dhis1 users haha and I think that’s a great tool !

image

···

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Ramón José Jiménez Pomareta dhis2@pomareta.ch wrote:

Hey David !

Wow! That’s amazing! I used to reset all elements like that :

dhis2-pk-share-objects.exe -t=userGroups -f=“id:!eq:1” -a=none -w=“name:$ilike:NTD Team”

Thanks a lot ! Nice work !

David Huser
DHIS2 Support Specialist

dhuser@baosystems.com | https://baosystems.com | 2900 K Street, Suite 406, Washington D.C. 20007

2017-09-06 22:15 GMT+02:00 David Huser dhuser@baosystems.com:

Hi Ramón

If you have a structure in your metadata it’s easier to share all of them through the API (docs). I need to do this often, but I don’t like advertising my own stuff - feel free to use it if useful. https://github.com/davidhuser/dhis2-pocket-knife#mass-sharing-of-objects-via-filtering

Best,

David

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Shurajit Dutta shurajitdutta@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Ramon

In order to hide certain data elements, you need to set up sharing for each individual data element, the data element group, etc. I am not aware of a very easy way to do this though would be happy to hear other methods.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

David Huser
DHIS2 Support Specialist

dhuser@baosystems.com | https://baosystems.com | 2900 K Street, Suite 406, Washington D.C. 20007

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 4:20 AM, Ramón José Jiménez Pomareta dhis2@pomareta.ch wrote:

Hello,

We have realised that dataElements (and I think other metadata) are visible to everyone by default (in contrast to dashboards). Nevertheless we need that only a group of users have access to these dataElements.

(sharing settings to dataElementTest and dataElementTest2)

If we group these DE in a DEGroup and we change its visibility, the DE remain visible to everyone.

(sharing settings of the dataElementGroupTest)

(a user not in DHIS2 Admin team)

The questions are :

  1. What do you recommend us to do?
  1. Is there a way to change easily this visibility without doing an script/App ?
  1. If not, is there an easy way through the API? (i.e. add a group keeping the existing ones )

Thank you so much !

Ramon.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Shurajit Dutta
Health Information Consultant

David,

I have just tested this and think its also quite helpful, thanks!

image

···

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 3:22 AM, Ramón José Jiménez Pomareta dhis2@pomareta.ch wrote:

At some time we forgot to copy all the dhis1 users haha and I think that’s a great tool !

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Huser dhuser@baosystems.com
Date: 2017-09-12 20:58 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] sharing settings on DataElements / metadata
To: Ramón José Jiménez Pomareta dhis2@pomareta.ch

Great to hear! Thanks for the feedback.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Ramón José Jiménez Pomareta dhis2@pomareta.ch wrote:

Hey David !

Wow! That’s amazing! I used to reset all elements like that :

dhis2-pk-share-objects.exe -t=userGroups -f=“id:!eq:1” -a=none -w=“name:$ilike:NTD Team”

Thanks a lot ! Nice work !

David Huser
DHIS2 Support Specialist

dhuser@baosystems.com | https://baosystems.com | 2900 K Street, Suite 406, Washington D.C. 20007

2017-09-06 22:15 GMT+02:00 David Huser dhuser@baosystems.com:

Hi Ramón

If you have a structure in your metadata it’s easier to share all of them through the API (docs). I need to do this often, but I don’t like advertising my own stuff - feel free to use it if useful. https://github.com/davidhuser/dhis2-pocket-knife#mass-sharing-of-objects-via-filtering

Best,

David

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Shurajit Dutta shurajitdutta@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Ramon

In order to hide certain data elements, you need to set up sharing for each individual data element, the data element group, etc. I am not aware of a very easy way to do this though would be happy to hear other methods.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

David Huser
DHIS2 Support Specialist

dhuser@baosystems.com | https://baosystems.com | 2900 K Street, Suite 406, Washington D.C. 20007

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 4:20 AM, Ramón José Jiménez Pomareta dhis2@pomareta.ch wrote:

Hello,

We have realised that dataElements (and I think other metadata) are visible to everyone by default (in contrast to dashboards). Nevertheless we need that only a group of users have access to these dataElements.

(sharing settings to dataElementTest and dataElementTest2)

If we group these DE in a DEGroup and we change its visibility, the DE remain visible to everyone.

(sharing settings of the dataElementGroupTest)

(a user not in DHIS2 Admin team)

The questions are :

  1. What do you recommend us to do?
  1. Is there a way to change easily this visibility without doing an script/App ?
  1. If not, is there an easy way through the API? (i.e. add a group keeping the existing ones )

Thank you so much !

Ramon.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Shurajit Dutta
Health Information Consultant

Shurajit Dutta
Health Information Consultant