Sharing Settings and Access on Android

Hi CoP,

Is there any information provided that can explain how sharing settings work when using the Android app? Since it is for capturing data, do all users need to have read-write access to the metadata they are able to access? Is a view-only user able to access the app?

I can and will test, but I’m wondering if there is any discussion or documentation on how these settings relate to the App (specifically 2.x as that is where we are).

2 Likes

Hey @chase.freeman. We have just published in the new documentation system the Android Implementation Guidelines where there is a specific section for this.

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

Hi @chase.freeman,
In addition to the documentation provided, I just want to outline the behavior of sharing settings in the app:

• The user must have, at least, read metadata access for the program or dataset. Otherwise, the user won’t be able to see their definition.
  • The user must have, at least, read data access for the program or dataset. Otherwise, the program or dataset is removed from the app because it is useless to the user.
3 Likes

Thanks to you both @jaime.bosque and @vgarciabnz. I new READ was necessary, generally speaking and it makes sense. I will read up on the new docs to see if enlightens me any further or prompts new questions :slight_smile:

2 Likes