serna free on ubuntu 12.04

Hi,

has anyone been able to install serna free on ubuntu 12.04 or any 64-bit ubuntu?

I have installed it according to the installation instructions and
have glibc (apt-get install libc6) and freetype (apt-get install
libfreetype6). But when I get start (/opt/bin/serna-free-4.4) then I
get:

/opt/serna-free-4.4/bin/serna.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

I have libxmu installed (apt-get install libxmu-dev libxmu-headers
libxmu6). Anyone knows how to fix this?

regards, Lars

Hi,

has anyone been able to install serna free on ubuntu 12.04 or any 64-bit ubuntu?

Where are you getting it from? I don't use it generally - but I can
try and reproduce your trouble (and re evaluate it)

···

On 24 October 2012 09:23, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@gmail.com> wrote:

I have installed it according to the installation instructions and
have glibc (apt-get install libc6) and freetype (apt-get install
libfreetype6). But when I get start (/opt/bin/serna-free-4.4) then I
get:

/opt/serna-free-4.4/bin/serna.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

I have libxmu installed (apt-get install libxmu-dev libxmu-headers
libxmu6). Anyone knows how to fix this?

regards, Lars

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-documenters
Post to : dhis2-documenters@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-documenters
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thanks. The -linux.tgz one from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sernafree.mirror/files/

···

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

On 24 October 2012 09:23, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

has anyone been able to install serna free on ubuntu 12.04 or any 64-bit ubuntu?

Where are you getting it from? I don't use it generally - but I can
try and reproduce your trouble (and re evaluate it)

oXygen XML Editor is also great for docbook… and everything XML related (we have a license here at UiO).

···


Morten

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

On 24 October 2012 09:23, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

has anyone been able to install serna free on ubuntu 12.04 or any 64-bit ubuntu?

Where are you getting it from? I don’t use it generally - but I can

try and reproduce your trouble (and re evaluate it)

Thanks. The -linux.tgz one from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sernafree.mirror/files/


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

oxygen is of course the best and what I use (plus emacs + sometimes
gedit and more rarely vi).

But what to recommend to people who don't have access to the UIO
licence is a big problem.

···

On 24 October 2012 10:03, Morten Olav Hansen <mortenoh@gmail.com> wrote:

oXygen XML Editor is also great for docbook.. and everything XML related (we
have a license here at UiO).

--
Morten

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@gmail.com> > wrote:

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> >> wrote:
> On 24 October 2012 09:23, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@gmail.com> >> > wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> has anyone been able to install serna free on ubuntu 12.04 or any
>> 64-bit ubuntu?
>
> Where are you getting it from? I don't use it generally - but I can
> try and reproduce your trouble (and re evaluate it)

Thanks. The -linux.tgz one from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sernafree.mirror/files/

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Sorry seems fine here. unzipped and then installed into /usr/local.
No complaints about shared libraries.

···

On 24 October 2012 10:02, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

On 24 October 2012 09:23, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

has anyone been able to install serna free on ubuntu 12.04 or any 64-bit ubuntu?

Where are you getting it from? I don't use it generally - but I can
try and reproduce your trouble (and re evaluate it)

Thanks. The -linux.tgz one from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sernafree.mirror/files/

Yes I also would like to be able to suggest a free alternative for
documentation writing...

···

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry seems fine here. unzipped and then installed into /usr/local.
No complaints about shared libraries.

Okay. What Ubuntu version and 32/64 are you on..?

12.04.1 LTS 64 bit

···

On 24 October 2012 10:39, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes I also would like to be able to suggest a free alternative for
documentation writing...

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry seems fine here. unzipped and then installed into /usr/local.
No complaints about shared libraries.

Okay. What Ubuntu version and 32/64 are you on..?

Mind you, when I 'locate libXmu.so.6' I see I happen to have both the
386 and 64 bit versions installed.
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6.2.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6.2.0

And looking at the dependencies of the serna free binary, it is built
against a 32 bit qt with associated 32 bit libraries. So thats a pain
.. you might have to install 32 bit libs or we try and get the source
of serna free and rebuild it.

···

On 24 October 2012 10:50, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

On 24 October 2012 10:39, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes I also would like to be able to suggest a free alternative for
documentation writing...

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry seems fine here. unzipped and then installed into /usr/local.
No complaints about shared libraries.

Okay. What Ubuntu version and 32/64 are you on..?

12.04.1 LTS 64 bit

“On September 2012 InfoTrust Group acquired Serna Enterprise XML Editor from Syntext, Inc. and no longer makes available the open source version”

We might have to look for an alternative.

···


Morten

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

Mind you, when I ‘locate libXmu.so.6’ I see I happen to have both the

386 and 64 bit versions installed.

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6.2.0

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6.2.0

And looking at the dependencies of the serna free binary, it is built

against a 32 bit qt with associated 32 bit libraries. So thats a pain

… you might have to install 32 bit libs or we try and get the source

of serna free and rebuild it.

On 24 October 2012 10:50, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

On 24 October 2012 10:39, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:

Yes I also would like to be able to suggest a free alternative for

documentation writing…

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry seems fine here. unzipped and then installed into /usr/local.

No complaints about shared libraries.

Okay. What Ubuntu version and 32/64 are you on…?

12.04.1 LTS 64 bit


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Okay thanks.. how did you install the 32 bit libs?

···

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

Mind you, when I 'locate libXmu.so.6' I see I happen to have both the
386 and 64 bit versions installed.
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6.2.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6.2.0

And looking at the dependencies of the serna free binary, it is built
against a 32 bit qt with associated 32 bit libraries. So thats a pain
.. you might have to install 32 bit libs or we try and get the source
of serna free and rebuild it.

To install the 32 bit version of libxmu6, just do apt-get install libxmu6:i386

···


Morten

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

Mind you, when I ‘locate libXmu.so.6’ I see I happen to have both the

386 and 64 bit versions installed.

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6.2.0

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXmu.so.6.2.0

And looking at the dependencies of the serna free binary, it is built

against a 32 bit qt with associated 32 bit libraries. So thats a pain

… you might have to install 32 bit libs or we try and get the source

of serna free and rebuild it.

Okay thanks… how did you install the 32 bit libs?


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp