Sept 23 - 15:00 - Interoperability Q&A

In this discussion thread, feel free to ask questions related to the Interoberability session of the 2020 DHIS2 Digital Annual Conference. You can post your questions ahead of, during, or after the session. The panellists will check this thread for questions, and select some for responding to in the session, or follow up after the session has ended. Feel free to respond to other questions or add to them if you have something to follow up with.

The recording of this session is available on our YouTube channel.

1 Like

Hi,
We are currently collecting some patient level (new-born unit admission register) data using REDCap.How feasible is it to push data from REDCap to DHIS2?

Thanks.

A question from the Zoom QA: Currently the interoperability layer between godata and dhis is a set of scripts that one can manually run and which allow to transfer data from dhis2 to godata. Did i understand correctly? thanks

Hi all,

I just wanted to get more details about Go.Data. What was the motivation for building the tool. Can it be used to interchange data from other systems or it is specific for DHIS2 only?

Thank you

Hi all ! Just posting some resources below for the Go.Data / DHIS2 interoperability project, although I think the slides will also be circulated:

If interested in piloting this interoperability layer - contact godata@who.int
DHIS2-Go.Data Interop Github: dhis2-godata-interoperability | Scripts to exchange data between dhis2 and Go.Data instances
Go.Data Community of practice - https://community-godata.who.int/
Go.Data Github - https://godata-who.github.io/godata/
Go.Data OpenWHO training - Introduction to Go.Data – Field data collection, chains of
UPC Github: GitHub - WISCENTD-UPC/dhis2-godata-interoperability: Scripts to exchange data between dhis2 and Go.Data instances

Best,
Sara

5 Likes

Hi Rebecca, that is true, so far, the interoperability layer is based on the scripts written in javascripts and that can be configured and run manually, while the final objective is pushing these functionalities into a novel DHIS2 app for interoperability.

1 Like

Hi @steliomo nice to e-meet you :slight_smile: It was built several years ago in response to country requests for a free-to-use and easily deployable outbreak investigation tool, particularly for contact tracing. It has evolved quite a bit after being used in N. Kivu for contact tracing in last Ebola outbreak, and now by many countries for COVID-19 contact tracing.

No, not just specific to DHIS2 - we are keen to connect with as many additional open-source tools/platforms to cater to what countries and institutions might need. DHIS2 just happened to be a common request during COVID-19 but we are also in discussions about a similar solution with CommCare at present. We are also trying to provide as much documentation on working with our API on our Github and look forward to collaborating with you should you have any ideas! Don’t hesitate to reach out - godata@who.int. We are looking to create generic interoperability resources and then any specific tool adaptation will be driven by particular country need and demand.

1 Like

Hi there, is the I-10 interoperability function/service is available for use as well? The use case of death certificate using I-11 is very useful. Thanks!

Thank you Sara

Hi Sara, this is great stuff - perhaps you will get my email as well, I’m curious if you’ve examined this tool for dhis2 integration? DRIVER: Global Road Crash Data Management | GRSF