Sept 21 - 13:00 - Opening Remarks Q&A

In this discussion thread, feel free to ask questions related to the Opening Remarks session of the 2020 DHIS2 Digital Annual Conference. You can post your questions ahead of, during, or after the session. The panellists will check this thread for questions, and select some for responding to in the session, or follow up after the session has ended. Feel free to respond to other questions or add to them if you have something to follow up with.

3 Likes

Hello,
'where can i join DHIS2 Annual Conference? i dont see the link of joing

1 Like

Here is the link to the ongoing sessions: https://uio.zoom.us/j/66934507295. For future sessions, you can see the full agenda here, with a zoom link in each sessions for attenting.

2 Likes

hello
No french translation for this session ?

1 Like

Hi Daniel! Unfortunately, this year we will not provide any French translation. We have a session for the French-speaking community focusing on COVID-19 tomorrow at 2:00 pm. Do not hesitate to double-check the schedule on Sched.

1 Like

Re-watch the Opening Remarks here - DHIS2 Annual Conference 2020: Opening Remarks - YouTube

1 Like

He M @Simona ,
Is there no translation in French

Hello,

My name is Kenneth Chimpeni, Digital Health/ Database Officer for Jhpiego Malawi.

We also use Android DHIS2 Tracker to enter data for VMMC, HTS, DREAMS and many other projects.

Assume we have two or more program stages of which one is a repeating stage. I would like to know if it is possible during Tracker Program configuration, to allow the repeating stage to use another program stage’s date as its event date or to use the date used when enrolling the TEI. This is in cases where you are entering data with past dates.

Thanks,
Kenneth

também gostaria de saber onde acesso

@mike could someone on the Tracker team reply to this?

One additional question that we received during the Q&A from the live event:

Q: What are WHO strategies with DHIS2 implementation during the pandemic in the low /middle income countries? What are solutions at decision maker-level if the country is reluctant to use DHIS2 and invest in the development and process?

@Rebecca for your input

Hello!
I’m not a WHO representative but I can share a bit about our collaboration. The WHO, like other global partners Gavi and Global Fund, are software agnostic. They are committed to supporting & strengthening the systems that countries use. However, because of the large footprint DHIS2 has as an HMIS (70+ countries) and increasingly, as a disease surveillance system in countries, there is a unique opportunity to leverage the DHIS2 platform to make it easier for countries who do use DHIS2 to adopt global standards, e.g. through the WHO standard metadata packages for DHIS2. You can read more on that collaboration on WHO Packages - DHIS2. In addition, WHO’s standards can be applied to other non-DHIS2 systems. I’m sure decision makers have to weigh many factors in making decisions about which systems to use in their context, though I would expect that any system will require investment for development and implementation. One of the strengths of the Health Data Collaborative has been to align donors/funders around a common framework for strengthening nationally-owned health data systems to make these investments work better together toward a country’s goals.