Sending email notification with attachment from dhis messages

Has Oslo considered allowing us to link messages to specific dashboard objects? I’m not fluent in html and so not quite able to apply the solutions mentioned above currently. Because you cannot link messages to dashboard objects, I don’t see how useful the feedback/messaging feature can be for providing specific feedback. Instead, we’ve been using the interpretations features, instead. It’s an easy work around, but I don’t know if there are any drawbacks to this I haven’t thought of.

2 Likes

Hi @gawantang This is an interesting suggestion. @jomutsani can you please work with Grace to put in a jira ticket describing this request and tag me to it?

2 Likes

Well noted @Scott.

@gawantang can you please let us a little more about what you are looking for? Do you want to push a single dashboard item as an email or do you want to put a link for a DB item in an email? Also after rereading your message it seems that you might also be asking for embedding the messenger application onto the dashboard. Basically a messenger DB item.

1 Like

Thanks Scott & James. I like the way the interpretation feature allows you to see dashboard object i am thinking of when i have concerns about data quality that i want to communicate to the team. I am still working on figuring out how to push a dashboard item in an email (push reports) or include a link in the email. However, in this suggestion i was thinking more of embedding the message into the dashboard item, similar to the way interpretations are formatted.

1 Like

I have created a ticket in Jira for the same with a link to this conversation on the Community - DHIS2-7874

Best,
James.

1 Like

@gawantang, Have you tried mentioning/tagging the users you want bring attention you’re data quality issue?

This will alert the user in the messenger application that they were mentioned in an interpretation and give them a link to the dashboard item. If you all are using this method quite often then I suggest that you even add the messanger application widget to your dashboard

Would this approach help you?

1 Like

oooh! Yes it will, and I will try that. I have been using the mentions.

But the larger issue is that no one logs into DHIS 2 unless they know something is there waiting for them to see. I’m thinking my project is not unique in this aspect. That’s why I wanted to try and set up email for the user feedback.

2 Likes