Selected value of an option set not appearing in a pivot for an event capture

Hi, everyone.

Value of a selected option set not appearing in the pivot for an event capture. I replicated it on the demo, but the result is the same. Iam attaching the images below:

Hi @Emma_Kassy,

In event reports I can see the value, but I would like to use pivot table app as the period format - e.i May 2019 is much clearer that 2019-05-06:00:00:00.0 shown as event date in event reports. In event reports, there are also decimal points.

NB: The value type of the optionsets is text.

I also went to Sierra Leone - Bo - Badjia - Ngelejhun CHC on demo and selected Inpatient morbidity mortality program, but there are no values for optionsets in the pivot table.

Hi @fernando,
Disregard previous comment about the issue being a bug. THIS IS NOT A BUG
When we use Pivot table, the pivot table is used to COUNT, SUM etc but not show values especially the option values. This means you have to create a program indicator which will count if the value “verde” is the input data value. On the other hand, Event Report will show you data as was entered in other wards in its raw form.
In conclusion, If you decide to use Pivot Table, may I suggest that you use Program Indicators and not Event Items otherwise use Event Reports to see the all values including option values for each record.

Let me know if this was helpful.
Cheers,
Emma

Hi @Emma_Kassy

Iam having difficulty in creating a program indicator which will count if the value “verde” is the input data value. Are the following steps correct? For program indicator details I selected count as aggregation type and event as analytics ype

For expression I selected data element IFPP - Qual pontuacao tida no RDQA? which contains option '“Verde” and “Amarelo”. There is an error in the expression as the image below shows:

Obviously, there is something wrong

Hello Fernando, Can you also share the screenshot of data element definition for “IFPP - Qual pontucaoa tida no RDQA?”

@fernando
Please note that it is single quote and not double quotes like ‘Verde’. Additionally, Use option CODE.
For example, #{UID} == ‘Verde’ assuming that is the code value.
Let me know if this was helpful.

Cheers,
Emma

Hi @Emma_Kassy

The expression still shows an error: below I have Option set and the options:

Which code to use: Option set code or options code? In place of UID, do I have to put the option code?

@fernando
Would you please share your expression and Filter screen details.

Thank you,
Emma

Hi @Emma_Kassy

Iam sharing my expression. Pontuacao is option set code as seen in the above image.

In the filter I had not written any expression because of the error in the first expression.

Hi @fernando
This is supposed to be dataElementUID == ‘option value’ . This will look like this
#{mCXR7u4kNBW.L8K4BauIKsl} == ‘LiteralValue’
You need to use the data elements or Attribute UIDS that you have assigned to the program. These are on the right of your screen.
In your case, click the data element name ‘IFPP-US fes MCS?’ in stage MSC, this will show something like #{mCXR7u4kNBW.L8K4BauIKsl} which will be == to option value code ‘Verde’
Read here for further guidance on program indicators.
Please note this is just an example however I hope the document shared will be more helpful.
Let me know if you are still stuck.
Cheers,
Emma

1 Like

Hi @Emma_Kassy

Thank you for the whole explanation since the first post. It’s now done.