Seeking explanation for some attribute/ data element set group features in data element edit screen

Hello experts

Certain data elements, for example in play.dhis2.org if you take any data element we can see some additional boxes/entry options like below. What does this mean, how do we use this and its effects?

I understand this is through data element group set creation?

I believe you are referring to this (what I think it is generally called custom attributes): DHIS2 User Manual - DHIS2 Documentation

2 Likes

Wow good question @jthomas!

Thanks @jaime.bosque, I never knew we can boost metadata elements with extra powers! :superhero: :woman_superhero: lol

1 Like

Thanks alot @jaime.bosque & yaaay @Gassim

But @jaime.bosque , is it that both data element group set and attribute will appear there? For example take this data element here DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone and the below field is a data element group set and all others are attribute

1 Like

Hey @jthomas . I am not sure about your question to be honest. I know from my past experience that attributes were being used in what you asked and that’s the reason I replied. But probably somewhere from @dhis2-analytics / @dhis2-platform can help better?

1 Like

Hi @jthomas
What you are referring to is compulsory data element group sets which are shown after custom attributes, these are configured per group set and allow adding the data element to an existing group from the group set while editing the data element configuration.

2 Likes

Thanks @juan very helpful

1 Like