section greying

Hi dears,

I am done with sectioning and greying of some fields - now we can merge it with the main branch. But one thing I noticed is … greying works only when we are in section view - and I think we should associate greying with datasets not with sections - what are your thoughts?

Thank you
Abyot.

more details…

The thing is we have greyFields attribute for sections… this implies that we can only use greying whenever we define sections. If we want to grey out fields (for example without defining sections) then there is no way to do that — we need to have sections. Not only that, even if we define sections and add some greying, if we are not using the sections in the display then there is no way for the greying to take effect - because in non-section view (default or custom dataentry screen) we will only rely on the dataset and its associated dataelements - where we don’t have any information about the greyed fields.

Lars is suggesting - that shouldn’t be a problem. If users want to have greying then they have to define sections and use section view. Any other suggestions?

Thank you
Abyot.

···

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Abyot Gizaw abyota@gmail.com wrote:

Hi dears,

I am done with sectioning and greying of some fields - now we can merge it with the main branch. But one thing I noticed is … greying works only when we are in section view - and I think we should associate greying with datasets not with sections - what are your thoughts?

Thank you
Abyot.