Search translated metadata in maintenance app

For translated metadata, its not possible to search them in maintenance app, you have to search with name of original language. Is there a setting to enable that function?
Search works fine in analytics app ( Visualizer…)

Hi @mutali

You know that the Maintenance app at the moment is a classic app and there are plans to release a new kind of maintenance app :crossed_fingers:. I’m sorry you are not able to find an easy solution through the Maintenance app; however, you can either use the API or the Translations app.

Thanks!

Oh ok, its for end users who are not familiar with API.

1 Like

@Gassim : do you know if there’s a ticket for this (I can’t find one). I think this is a bug, so it might make sense for us to fix in the existing supported versions of the maintenance app (even though we will certainly plan to fix this in the new version as well). We’d need to check how much work is involved in fixing, of course.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a ticket for this as this is the first time I hear this feature request. @mutali would you like to create the feature request using your account in Projects - Jira please add the label CoP and paste the link here so other users will vote, watch or comment.

Thanks!

Hi @Gassim and @tzemp , I have created the ticket for the feature and proposed solution : [DHIS2-15736] - Jira

1 Like

thanks @mutali . I feel like there might be two issues from your ticket:

1. We talked about adding functionality in the new maintenance app to let you add searchable translations as an additional column (e.g. if you are using the maintenance app with English as your database language, but want to additionally add the French names to the list of objects and then search on those). This I think is a feature request.

2. When you use the app with a different database language now, though, you see the translated names of the objects, but then when you go to search them, you need to know the name in the default database language. For example, if I have French as my database language, I see “Soin prénatal 1” as a data element, but if I search for that I can only find it by using the untranslated name (ANC 1st visit). This, I think, is a bug.

maintenance_search

1 Like

Hi @tzemp , you are right, if the the bug can be fixed, then the feature can be added in future releases. The current issue for the users is exactly what you described on 2.

1 Like

Great. I’ve created an additional ticket for the bug itself: DHIS 2 Software - Issues - Jira, and I will discuss next week with the team if we want to fix this on the frontend or the backend.

2 Likes