Save dashboard filter

Hi there,

I have a question if there is a possibility to save a dashboard filters and apply it automatically to separate dashboards?
Use case: I have many different countries and organisations, which use the same reports, charts and tables. But in order to build a dashboard to the particular country or organisation I have to create a reports\charts\tables designed only for that country\OU. It would be great to have an ability for the dashboard to set up initial filters during the design and development, so there will be no need to create that much charts\reports\tables for each country or OU(s).

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Hi @Ulanbek

This certainly sounds similar to the metadata packages right? Or anther way I could perceive this is that the filters are “configured” then there is an option to save and export/import the Dashboard filter?

At this point I don’t think it’s possible to save a filter in the first place, right?

We could provide more specific details, create a feature request, and see if this gets the attention of the community and the team. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Gassim

Currently it is not possible

At this point I don’t think it’s possible to save a filter in the first place, right?

Actually would be great to have an ability to create a dashboard with some default filters(OU, period, dataDimensions etc.) configuration, so it could be saved and lately applied immediately when the dashboards shown.

In this case we could make custom settings for each dashboard, with filters or any other features inside then save it.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Ulanbek

Thank you for your suggestions. Would you like to use your account and create a feature request to be able to save filters?

Please use Your work - Jira and share the link to the feature request here.

And going back to your initial post, is the request as follows:

1. Ability to save Dashboard filters and set them as default view
  2. Apply the saved filters on multiple Dashboards
  3. Export/Import filters into different instances

Please add, modify… Thanks!

1 Like

@Gassim,

I created a new feature request [DHIS2-16160] - Jira
as you suggested. Thank you and let’s wait for the developers.

Regards,

2 Likes