Sample database loading error into postgres 11

Hi All,

I fetched error while tried to restore sample dhis2 database from (https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/databases.dhis2.org/sierra-leone/2.31/2.31.0/dhis2-db-sierra-leone.sql.gz) into postgres 11.

It was giving error
psql:<>: invalid command \N

My working environment was,
postgres: 11
tomcat: 9
dhis2: 2.31

Later I downgrade my database version to postgres 10 and everything worked fine and smooth.

This information might be helpful for whom who might want to work on dhis2 with postgres 11.

2 Likes

Hey hi Sarder,

I’m trying to load the sample database 2.29 over 2.29 dhis2 database. But its giving me lot of errors and i dont think anything is been stored in the database.

Can you help me the steps through the same.

Would be grateful. Thanks

3 Likes

Hey Rahul @usfreak13 ,
Which postgres version are you trying to load? What is your server OS (windows/ubuntu)? What is error are you getting during load? Please provide me these information. if you already fixed it out then congratulations :-).

2 Likes

Hi Sarder,

Im using Postgre 10.7 and on windows 10 and trying to upload database for dhis2 2.30. Error is the invalid command /n on the cmd after i run the psql command to load the database.

I guess the error is because of the Postgis extension which is required for 2.30 version and above.

Let me try on the same and if successful will update.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi there guys,
I have same problem. I’ve downloaded sierra-leons’ sample data. PG11, Tomcat 9, DHIS 2.34.
psql:dhis2-db-sierra-leone.sql:321750: invalid command \N

have you sold this issue?
thanks

Hi @Ulanbek
as @sohel solved it, try downgrading postgres 11 to postgres 10, that has solved the problem for him, it might solve yours too. :slightly_smiling_face: , update us if it doesn’t solve the problem

Thanks Hamza. I will try, although it is strange instead of upgrading we are downgrading servers’ version.
Maybe somebody have the sierra-leon sample data for pg11?
Thanks

If I remember correctly that \N is related to the postgis extension not being installed.

Jaime, everything is installed.
Not the case…

Sorry, maybe I should have said “created”.

Are you sure you did this:
sudo -u postgres psql -c "create extension postgis;" dhis2

Taken from: Home - DHIS2 Documentation

Yes Jaime, I installed it by following the instructions. And I am using Windows 10pro, installed locally. Main intention is to understand how it works and to learn how to create registry for the local community.
I think after I will seek the answer how to complete those tasks :slight_smile:

Solved:
0. Stopped everything

1. removed dhis2 database.
  2. Recrecreated new database
  3. Restored all data
  4. Restarted all services

Thanks community🙋‍♂️

2 Likes