Request For Urgent Information regarding increasing DHIS2 Performance

Dear DHIS2 Experts,

I hope this email finds you well, My server had 4 GB Ram and I changed to 64 GB Ram. I have not seen more changes as I expected in the performance of DHIS2.
I only changed the Java Initial Memory Pool and Maximum Memory Pool. Please share your information where to bring changes so the dhis2 system performance increase ?

With Best Regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

Thank you for your post. Would you share the values you set for the initial and maximum memory pools? Additionally, there are other performance factors that come into play other than the RAM such as the disk space and whether it’s SSD or not. Also, the number of CPU cores is important.

Are there other applications running alongside the DHIS2 instance in your server, that could also require more configuration and observation.

An additional idea that might help to improve performance is to check the Data Administration app → Maintenance (clear and delete all that is not required) so that if after running maintenance the performance improves then you’ll probably need to run maintenance consistently. :+1:

Dear @Gassim,

Thank you for your information, I sometimes checked the Data Administrations App Maintenance and Clear the un needed.

Initial Memory Values assigned
CPU Info
Hard disk
250 GB SSD

Regards
Mohammad Ayub Yousafzai
Kabul , Afghanistan

After the installation process, it’s important to note that any assigned RAM size configuration will remain in effect, even if you decide to change the RAM size later on. Therefore, I recommend reviewing your configuration steps to ensure that you have not allocated specific resources to individual applications such as Java, PostgreSQL, or Tomcat. It’s advisable to double-check and verify that the resource allocation is appropriately balanced across all the necessary components.

1 Like