Reporting Rate Summary

Dear All,

I am trying to understand ‘Reporting Rate Summary’. Basically a ‘Reporting Rate Summary’ are reports which are: or Based on compulsory data elements per a particular data set.

Question:

If a facility let say “A” doesn’t have a data for that particular month we are reporting them as zeros(0) because data is not available which i think should be (NA) whilst for a particular data element we are giving it a zero(0); this time report is available but the counts are zeros(0).

Please i want to know how other countries are reporting their not available values? Are they still looking at both instances of zeros as zero and analyze those data for actual or expected reports under ‘Reporting Rate Summary’.

Please colleagues can you share your concepts how these zeros (not available values and counts whose values are zeros) are address on your instances.

···

Regards,

Gerald

Hi Gerald,

If it’s just about reporting rates summary what matters is the completion of a data set irrespective of data values of individual data elements (if you are using completed data sets as the criteria for reporting rates). We have certain data sets where ‘null values’ are allowed and we advise data entry operators to complete the data sets with null values if they are not reported as '0’s. In addition there is an option to select whether to allow storing zero values in database in data element settings.

···

Regards,
Pamod Amarakoon

MBBS (SL)

MSc (Biomedical Informatics), EMSc (Health Admin), PGCert (MedEd), CEH

HISP Sri Lanka

Confidentiality Notice: the information contained in this email and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person.