Relationships in Web interface

Hi All,
So we noticed in mobile interface we can check the relationships both ways ( our relationship is unidirectional), where we created to whom we created vice-versa.
In web interface the behavior is different: We can only check relationships in the record from where the relationship was created.
Example i creates relationship for Lourenco with person Teste.

When i go to the record of person Teste it doesnt show the same relationship in web version

Please assist on how to fix this in web version.

DHIS2 v 2.35

Hi @asacur
I was able to reproduce this on DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone and it doesn’t show the relationship in the other profile even though the relationship is recorded in the API URL, for example:
[instanceURL]/api/trackedEntityInstances/[entityInstanceID].json?program=[programID]&fields=relationships
[instanceURL]/api/trackedEntityInstances/[entityInstanceID].json?program=[programID]&fields=relationships

Therefore, I believe you’ve found a bug, would you like to create a Jira bug issue in jira.dhis2.org to report this to the core team developers? @tracker-frontend

Thank you @asacur !

1 Like

Hi @Gassim thank you for your quick response.
Here is the link, feel free to review if necessary.

Dear @asacur,
I asked the core team for support and got assistance from @Markus. It turns out that it isn’t a but. The relationship will appear in both profiles if its type is “bidirectional” and to change that setting go to Maintenance → Program → Relationship Type → choose the relationship ship you are using and make sure that directional is checked as in the screenshot below, save the changes.

Give this solution a try and if it worked then let me know, please! Thank you!

Hi @Gassim ,
I know this bidirectional functionality, but my question is why the difference in behavior between Android and Front-End version. Even choosing the relationship in a single direction on Android I can get to the child and from the child back to the Father, I don’t know if I made myself understood .
Thanks

1 Like

Hey there, this sounds like a bug. @jaime.bosque can you have a look at this thread?

1 Like

Hi @asacur ,

this indeed seems to be and I have reported it in our JIRA: [ANDROSDK-1490] - Jira

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @jaime.bosque I just saw the card on jira created by you. Why assumed it’s an Android error and not a web error? Well I was expected it to be the opposite as i described above.
Thanks

Hi @asacur . I didn’t mark the relationship as “bidrectional” and Android still allows going from A to B and from B to A. So I consider it is an error in Android.

2 Likes

Hi @jaime.bosque Ah, now I see… Only the bidirectional relationship can go from A->B and from B->A.

1 Like

Yes, this is to control access levels! (:

If you want users to be able to go back and forth, you’d have to select a bidirectional relationship so I guess (@jaime.bosque correct me if I’m wrong please) for example if you want only A to be visible for those who can see A and not B then you’d not make it a bidirectional relationship.

1 Like