Regarding Program Notifications in Language other than English.

Hi All,

Has anyone used the Program Notifications for any regional language.

We have a Use case to send program notifications in Hindi , The gateway we are using supports Unicode sms service. But if we are trying to send same Text from Dhis2 it converts it to special characters.

i.e: Unicode for नमस्ते: %26%232344%3B%26%232350%3B%26%232360%3B%26%232381%3B%26%232340%3B%26%232375%3B

Have tried with both normal Hindi text and Unicode Text. Both are not currently supported. Using version 2.26 , build revision 44ec074.

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Sourabh Bhardwaj

Hisp India

Hi Sourabh,

I don’t think DHIS2 is at fault here, it should be the SMS gateway that should handle the decoding of the message string. You will also need to consider the charset of the outgoing text and parameterize it to the gateway (most gateways will default to UTF-8 encoding, unless specified otherwise).

I would advise you to refer the SMS gateway documentation to sort out the details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

GAURAV

···

We have a Use case to send program notifications in Hindi , The gateway we are using supports Unicode sms service. But if we are trying to send same Text from Dhis2 it converts it to special characters.

i.e: Unicode for नमस्ते: %26%232344%3B%26%232350%3B%26%232360%3B%26%232381%3B%26%232340%3B%26%232375%3B

Have tried with both normal Hindi text and Unicode Text. Both are not currently supported. Using version 2.26 , build revision 44ec074.

Thanks in advance.

Sourabh Bhardwaj

Hisp India

Hi Gaurav,

Gateway Actually supports Unicode format , If we are sending message directly using http request provides by gateway , it is working fine there.

···

Thanks for the reply.

On 30-Aug-2017 1:51 PM, “Gaurav Kumar” gkumar@internationalmedicalcorps.org wrote:

Hi Sourabh,

I don’t think DHIS2 is at fault here, it should be the SMS gateway that should handle the decoding of the message string. You will also need to consider the charset of the outgoing text and parameterize it to the gateway (most gateways will default to UTF-8 encoding, unless specified otherwise).

I would advise you to refer the SMS gateway documentation to sort out the details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

GAURAV

From: Dhis2-devs [mailto:dhis2-devs-bounces+gkumar=internationalmedicalcorps.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Sourabh Bhardwaj

Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:26 AM

To: dhis2-devs dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Cc: dhis2-users dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Subject: [Dhis2-devs] Regarding Program Notifications in Language other than English.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Sourabh Bhardwaj

Hisp India

Hi Sourabh,

We reported this issue of adding % to text.Its not a sms gateway issue.

Hope it will be fixed soon.

Alex

···

Thanks for the reply.

On 30-Aug-2017 1:51 PM, “Gaurav Kumar” gkumar@internationalmedicalcorps.org wrote:

Hi Sourabh,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

GAURAV

From: Dhis2-devs [mailto:dhis2-devs-bounces+gkumar=internationalmedicalcorps.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Sourabh Bhardwaj

Subject: [Dhis2-devs] Regarding Program Notifications in Language other than English.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Sourabh Bhardwaj

Hisp India

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Dan & Alex,

If possible can you please share the link for Jira issue also ?

···

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Alex Tumwesigye atumwesigye@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Sourabh,
We reported this issue of adding % to text.Its not a sms gateway issue.

Hope it will be fixed soon.

Alex

On Wednesday, August 30, 2017, Sourabh Bhardwaj bsourabh191@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Gaurav,

Gateway Actually supports Unicode format , If we are sending message directly using http request provides by gateway , it is working fine there.

Alex Tumwesigye

Technical Advisor - DHIS2 (Consultant),
Ministry of Health/AFENET | HISP Uganda

Kampala

Uganda
+256 774149 775, + 256 759 800161

Skype ID: talexie

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems - DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

"I don’t want to be anything other than what I have been - one tree hill "

Thanks for the reply.

Hi Sourabh,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

GAURAV

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Sourabh Bhardwaj

Hisp India