Questions regarding Embedding charts with the Visualizer chart plug-in

Hi All,

Have been trying to embed charts in HTML report using Visualiser chart Plug-in. I am facing below issues, could you please help: I am using 2.18 version.

1. When I set hideLegend attribute value to false then I am getting the below error at browser console: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘labelMarkerSize’ of undefined

2. In my chart I am passing periods 2007 to 2015 where I have data for 2 years only, in my chart I am getting chart for those 2 years only, where as I would like chart for all years. Can you please help if I can set any parameter to get this. If I am generating the chart in Visualiser there I have the option Hide empty categories, do we have similar option in plug-in.

3. I created a chart and saved as a favourite. I am able to embed this chart using plug-in

DHIS.getChart({ url: base, el: "chart1", id: "R0DVGvXDUNP" });

I need to pass Period as parameter to this chart, can you please suggest how can I do that.

Thanks

···

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Bharath,

1. I don’t think this is affected by the “hideLegend” option. Please add the “legendStyle” object I mentioned ealier for now until the plugin is updated.

2. This is behind the scenes the same option as in pivot table: “hideEmptyRows”. This option should be false by default, but I can see that it is not in the 2.18 plugin for some reason. I will fix this, but for now you can add “hideEmptyRows”: false to your chart config to show empty categories in the chart.

3. You can override anything in a favorite by adding it to the config object. If you have periods as categories you can do e.g.:

DHIS.getChart({
url: base,

el: "chart1",

id: "R0DVGvXDUNP",

legendStyle: {},

hideEmptyRows: false,

rows: [

{

dimension: "pe",

items: [

{id: "2012"}, // Iso code for years. If you want months e.g. January 2015 would be "201501".

{id: "2013"},

{id: "2014"},

{id: "2015"}

]

}

]

}

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else. The plugins have a lot more options than you will find in DV so I will document it as soon as possible.

Jan

···

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Bharath chbharathk@gmail.com wrote:

Hi All,

Have been trying to embed charts in HTML report using Visualiser chart Plug-in. I am facing below issues, could you please help: I am using 2.18 version.

1. When I set hideLegend attribute value to false then I am getting the below error at browser console: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘labelMarkerSize’ of undefined
  1. In my chart I am passing periods 2007 to 2015 where I have data for 2 years only, in my chart I am getting chart for those 2 years only, where as I would like chart for all years. Can you please help if I can set any parameter to get this. If I am generating the chart in Visualiser there I have the option Hide empty categories, do we have similar option in plug-in.
  1. I created a chart and saved as a favourite. I am able to embed this chart using plug-in

I need to pass Period as parameter to this chart, can you please suggest how can I do that.

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thank you so much Jan, it worked perfectly. Thanks

···

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Bharath,

1. I don’t think this is affected by the “hideLegend” option. Please add the “legendStyle” object I mentioned ealier for now until the plugin is updated.
  1. This is behind the scenes the same option as in pivot table: “hideEmptyRows”. This option should be false by default, but I can see that it is not in the 2.18 plugin for some reason. I will fix this, but for now you can add “hideEmptyRows”: false to your chart config to show empty categories in the chart.
  1. You can override anything in a favorite by adding it to the config object. If you have periods as categories you can do e.g.:

DHIS.getChart({

{
            {id: "2012"}, // Iso code for years. If you want months e.g. January 2015 would be "201501".
        ]
    }
]

}

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else. The plugins have a lot more options than you will find in DV so I will document it as soon as possible.

Jan

Hi All,

1. In my chart I am passing periods 2007 to 2015 where I have data for 2 years only, in my chart I am getting chart for those 2 years only, where as I would like chart for all years. Can you please help if I can set any parameter to get this. If I am generating the chart in Visualiser there I have the option Hide empty categories, do we have similar option in plug-in.
  1. I created a chart and saved as a favourite. I am able to embed this chart using plug-in

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Great. I just updated the CDN (2.18) so “legendStyle” and “hideEmptyRows” shoud be unnecessary by now.

···

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Bharath chbharathk@gmail.com wrote:

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Bharath,

1. This is behind the scenes the same option as in pivot table: “hideEmptyRows”. This option should be false by default, but I can see that it is not in the 2.18 plugin for some reason. I will fix this, but for now you can add “hideEmptyRows”: false to your chart config to show empty categories in the chart.
  1. You can override anything in a favorite by adding it to the config object. If you have periods as categories you can do e.g.:

DHIS.getChart({

{
        ]
    }
]

}

Jan

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi All,

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Jan,

Charts for the dataelements which are of type default categorycombo are working fine. How can I embed chart for the dataelements which are having categories, for ex:- chart for dataelement Number of fever cases which is having Male and Female as category combo options. Can you please help on which parameters to pass for category option combos.

···

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

Great. I just updated the CDN (2.18) so “legendStyle” and “hideEmptyRows” shoud be unnecessary by now.

Hi Bharath,

DHIS.getChart({

{
        ]
    }
]

}

Jan

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi All,

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Will look at it tomorrow, but a trick is to open the DV, create the chart you want to see and select Share → Embed in web page from the toolbar to see the config.

···

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Bharath,

DHIS.getChart({

{
        ]
    }
]

}

Jan

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi All,

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Thanks for the Tip. looked into Embed option, worked smoothly,

Parameter changes are:

-Dimension is dc instead de and

• iteams are dataelementuid#cocuid instead dataelementuid

Thanks Jan.

···

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:35 AM, Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

Will look at it tomorrow, but a trick is to open the DV, create the chart you want to see and select Share → Embed in web page from the toolbar to see the config.

On Apr 21, 2015 9:57 PM, “Bharath” chbharathk@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Jan,

Charts for the dataelements which are of type default categorycombo are working fine. How can I embed chart for the dataelements which are having categories, for ex:- chart for dataelement Number of fever cases which is having Male and Female as category combo options. Can you please help on which parameters to pass for category option combos.

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Bharath,

DHIS.getChart({

{
        ]
    }
]

}

Jan

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi All,

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Sorry for many questions…but functionality is very nice and very much useful for apps and even HTML reports.

One more question :slight_smile:

In charts we are displaying names as rows / columns ( categories / series). Is is possible to display shortnames by setting any parameter because some dataelements are having very longish names especially if it includes catecory option combo name.

Thanks for you support.

···

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Bharath chbharathk@gmail.com wrote:

Parameter changes are:

Thanks Jan.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:35 AM, Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Jan,

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Bharath,

DHIS.getChart({

{
        ]
    }
]

}

Jan

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi All,

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Just updated the 2.18 plugin with a new config option “displayProperty” which could be set to “shortname” (case insensitive).

I can see that the cdn has not yet been updated. Guess we just have to wait. Will let you know.

···

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Bharath chbharathk@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry for many questions…but functionality is very nice and very much useful for apps and even HTML reports.

In charts we are displaying names as rows / columns ( categories / series). Is is possible to display shortnames by setting any parameter because some dataelements are having very longish names especially if it includes catecory option combo name.

Thanks for you support.

Parameter changes are:

Thanks Jan.

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Jan,

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Bharath,

DHIS.getChart({

{
        ]
    }
]

}

Jan

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi All,

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

For now you can of course update to the latest 2.18 and include the plugin from /dhis-web-commons/javascripts/plugin/chart.js

Jan

···

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

Just updated the 2.18 plugin with a new config option “displayProperty” which could be set to “shortname” (case insensitive).

I can see that the cdn has not yet been updated. Guess we just have to wait. Will let you know.

Thanks for you support.

Parameter changes are:

Thanks Jan.

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Jan,

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Bharath,

DHIS.getChart({

{
        ]
    }
]

}

Jan

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi All,

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Thank you so much Jan, will try this option and get back to you.

···

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for you support.

Parameter changes are:

Thanks Jan.

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Jan,

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Bharath,

DHIS.getChart({

{
        ]
    }
]

}

Jan

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi All,

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Have checked with Visualiser plugin, working perfectly fine. Thank you so much for continuous support.

···

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 9:51 PM, Bharath chbharathk@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you so much Jan, will try this option and get back to you.

On Apr 23, 2015 5:56 PM, “Jan Henrik Øverland” janhenrik.overland@gmail.com wrote:

For now you can of course update to the latest 2.18 and include the plugin from /dhis-web-commons/javascripts/plugin/chart.js

Jan

Thanks for you support.

Parameter changes are:

Thanks Jan.

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Jan,

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Bharath,

DHIS.getChart({

{
        ]
    }
]

}

Jan

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi All,

Thanks

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch