Qr Code Data Element

Hello @jaime.bosque, @marta
I read the new documentation that includes a short description about the QR Code on DHIS2. I found that it should be a data element but how can I render it as QR in order to be able to scan a QR Code.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @dina.mazloum

This is not possible. The only way the App generates QR codes is for sharing among devices which can be found while clicking “Share” on a TEI.

What would you like to do with what you are asking? In the end the QR code is only a graphical representation and this can be done by other external tools. Could you describe your use case?

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply @jaime.bosque
I need to configure the QR Code in order to be able to scan a QR for each member I register. How could it be done ?
So scanning by opening the camera and then save the value of the qr

any advise ? @jaime.bosque

Ok, @dina.mazloum . I think I misunderstood you.

If I get what you want to do is having somewhere a QR/Barcode (i.e. a passport, product box, etc) and you want the Android App to be able to read this QR code and put that value into a data element. Is that correct?

yes exactlyyyy!!! @jaime.bosque

Ok! Then, what you need to do is create a text Attribute and/or Data Element and render it as QR or barcode as desired. The process is described in the official doc:
Home - DHIS2 Documentation

So basically, this is how it would look in the administration panel:

Please note this is only available in Android and not in the desktop version

Thank you so much for you support

1 Like

Hi @jaime.bosque,

How Server URL can be set via a QR code for easier Login in android phones or tablets?

Thanks

Hello @hernandezmachava . For this you just need to go to any QR generator site and enter the URL to generate a QR that you can later on print or share with your colleagues.

For example:

The app, can use text or QR to login by clicking on the icon next to the URL address at the entry screen.

Hi @jaime.bosque,

I can not see any button to print the QR.

Thanks

You can click on “SAVE” button to download it and past it in a document that you can edit and printer later on.

Hi @jaime.bosque,

I managed to save and download the QR.

Thanks

1 Like

@hernandezmachava and @jaime.bosque While using the QR code functionality for Android, I’m seeing a ]Q1 appearing as a prefix to every code I scan. I can confirm that this is happening across android versions (2.4 and 2.6), across DEs and TEAs, and across multiple devices. I can create a ticket obviously, but wondering if this is something that others have seen before? We’re on 2.35 DHIS2 version.

cc @chase.freeman

Update: Nevermind! I see it here: [ANDROAPP-4745] - Jira

2 Likes

Hi @jaime.bosque and @Matthew_Boddie
Unfortunately, I encountered the same problem with the Android application by reading the QR code where ]d2 appeared as a prefix to every code I scanned.
I used the Android app version 2.8.2

@jamal_aljadan interesting–I can’t replicate this (also on 2.8.2) in our server setup. Can you send a video/replicate it on Play?

Hello @Matthew_Boddie
Thank you for your replying.
The issue was discovered when I used the GS1 DataMatrix Code.
Android app showed [d2 as a prefix for every code I scanned but when I used the QR code the app showed the correct value without any addition.

@jamal_aljadan Did you get around this? I am now hearing reports of ]d2 appearing as a prefix for QR code scanning in versions 2.8.2 and 2.9

Hello @Matthew_Boddie
I just changed Mobile render type from Gs1 datamatrix to Qr code from the Attribute section in the Program Tracker.
I encountered an issue with the Android app while scanning GS1 DataMatrix codes. The app consistently added a “[d2” prefix to every code I scanned. This behavior was not observed when using the QR code, which displayed the correct values without any additions.

2 Likes

Thanks alot @jamal_aljadan . I can confirm that this is still very much an issue for GS1 DataMatrix codes (and that its not a problem for QR Codes). Your comment saved me a tone of time @jamal_aljadan !!

2 Likes