Program rule - selected field to hide changes to None

Hi

I’m having an issue that baffles me: when adding a program rule to a tracker program that checks one attribute in order to hide another attribute, I can initially select and save - everything seems normal.

But when I open the program rule again, the field to be hidden is showing “None” and there are no values in the drop-down for that selection.

I have tried to replicate this on the demo, but on the demo the new program rule does not save at all. No error message - it just don’t save.

I then tried to modify an existing program rule (“WHO RMNCH tracker”, verify street address) by changing the action from warning to hide field - again I only get “None” in the field drop-down.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something dumb?

regards

Calle

···

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119

Email: calle.hedberg@gmail.com

Hi

This increasingly looks like a significant bug - Elmarie just added a similar program rule (i.e. using a ‘MALE’ value in the Gender attribute to hide the Pregnant attribute) in another instance, and the result is the same: the action field value is replaced by “None” and there are no drop-down values.

Regards

Calle

···

On 27 September 2016 at 11:06, Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

I’m having an issue that baffles me: when adding a program rule to a tracker program that checks one attribute in order to hide another attribute, I can initially select and save - everything seems normal.

But when I open the program rule again, the field to be hidden is showing “None” and there are no values in the drop-down for that selection.

I have tried to replicate this on the demo, but on the demo the new program rule does not save at all. No error message - it just don’t save.

I then tried to modify an existing program rule (“WHO RMNCH tracker”, verify street address) by changing the action from warning to hide field - again I only get “None” in the field drop-down.

regards

Calle

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

get the latest trunk. It was not working yesterday but is fine today. Markus added a fix.

···

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

This increasingly looks like a significant bug - Elmarie just added a similar program rule (i.e. using a ‘MALE’ value in the Gender attribute to hide the Pregnant attribute) in another instance, and the result is the same: the action field value is replaced by “None” and there are no drop-down values.

Regards

Calle

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi

regards

Calle

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Thanks for reporting, Calle. There was a related fix on trunk yesterday night that seems to have fixed the below mentioned issue as well. Looking into fixing the same in 2.24 now.

Markus

···

Hi

regards

Calle

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Hi,

Thanks Markus.

With regard to not being able to edit or add program rules in SL demo, FYI: it was a user rights issue. Logging in as system sorted that problem out - it looks like the standard admin user don’t have privileges to do anything on program rules.

Regards

calle

···

On 27 September 2016 at 13:09, Markus Bekken markus.bekken@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for reporting, Calle. There was a related fix on trunk yesterday night that seems to have fixed the below mentioned issue as well. Looking into fixing the same in 2.24 now.

Markus

1. sep. 2016 kl. 12.16 skrev Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com:

Hi

Regards

Calle

Hi

regards

Calle

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Hi again,

It seems saving a programrule for hiding tracked entity attributes works, but there was a bug that prevented the tracked entity attributes from being visible when reopening the rule.

This is now fixed in 2.24 and trunk, new builds running now. Older versions was not affected.

Note: A feature of the old program rules editor is that after saving and closing the actions of a rule, it is no longer possible to change the tracked entity attribute or data element that each action affects. If an action should be changed it is currently necessary to delete and add that action again. This will not be necessary in the future program maintenance app.

Best regards,

Markus

···

Markus

Hi

Regards

Calle

Hi

regards

Calle

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Dear DHIS2 community,

I am experiencing a similar problem on my instance;

Version: 2.24

Build revision: 704143a

Build date: 2016-10-06 06:20

I have trying using previous WAR files of 2.24, but results in the same problem.

The difference is that on my instance the selected fields to hide does not change to none. The fields remain visible on the form but if you try to enter any value, the system throws a message as indicated in the screenshot below. All other program rules related to both tracked entity attributes and the data elements are working properly.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Kind regards,

David

···

From: Dhis2-devs [mailto:dhis2-devs-bounces+ditana=hispna.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Markus Bekken
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:06 PM
To: calle.hedberg@gmail.com
Cc: dhis2-devs
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] Program rule - selected field to hide changes to None

Hi again,

It seems saving a programrule for hiding tracked entity attributes works, but there was a bug that prevented the tracked entity attributes from being visible when reopening the rule.

This is now fixed in 2.24 and trunk, new builds running now. Older versions was not affected.

Note: A feature of the old program rules editor is that after saving and closing the actions of a rule, it is no longer possible to change the tracked entity attribute or data element that each action affects. If an action should be changed it is currently necessary to delete and add that action again. This will not be necessary in the future program maintenance app.

Best regards,

Markus

1. sep. 2016 kl. 13.27 skrev Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com:

Hi,

Thanks Markus.

With regard to not being able to edit or add program rules in SL demo, FYI: it was a user rights issue. Logging in as system sorted that problem out - it looks like the standard admin user don’t have privileges to do anything on program rules.

Regards

calle

Markus

Hi

Regards

Calle

Hi

regards

Calle

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Hi David,
I need some more info to reproduce. Do I understand that you have hide-rules working in other dataelements and tracked entity attributes, but this particular hide-rule(s) does not work? Can you reproduce in demo?

It not - is it possible to let me into the instance to debug?

Best regards
Markus

···

7. okt. 2016 kl. 07.56 skrev David Itana <ditana@hispna.org>:

Dear DHIS2 community,

I am experiencing a similar problem on my instance;

Version: 2.24
Build revision: 704143a
Build date: 2016-10-06 06:20

I have trying using previous WAR files of 2.24, but results in the same problem.

The difference is that on my instance the selected fields to hide does not change to none. The fields remain visible on the form but if you try to enter any value, the system throws a message as indicated in the screenshot below. All other program rules related to both tracked entity attributes and the data elements are working properly.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

<image001.png>

Kind regards,

David

From: Dhis2-devs [mailto:dhis2-devs-bounces+ditana <mailto:dhis2-devs-bounces%2Bditana>=hispna.org@lists.launchpad.net <mailto:hispna.org@lists.launchpad.net>] On Behalf Of Markus Bekken
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:06 PM
To: calle.hedberg@gmail.com <mailto:calle.hedberg@gmail.com>
Cc: dhis2-devs
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] Program rule - selected field to hide changes to None

Hi again,

Best regards,
Markus

27. sep. 2016 kl. 13.27 skrev Calle Hedberg <calle.hedberg@gmail.com <mailto:calle.hedberg@gmail.com>>:

Hi,

Thanks Markus.

With regard to not being able to edit or add program rules in SL demo, FYI: it was a user rights issue. Logging in as system sorted that problem out - it looks like the standard admin user don't have privileges to do anything on program rules.

Regards
calle

On 27 September 2016 at 13:09, Markus Bekken <markus.bekken@gmail.com <mailto:markus.bekken@gmail.com>> wrote:

Markus

27. sep. 2016 kl. 12.16 skrev Calle Hedberg <calle.hedberg@gmail.com <mailto:calle.hedberg@gmail.com>>:

Hi

This increasingly looks like a significant bug - Elmarie just added a similar program rule (i.e. using a 'MALE' value in the Gender attribute to hide the Pregnant attribute) in another instance, and the result is the same: the action field value is replaced by "None" and there are no drop-down values.

Regards
Calle

On 27 September 2016 at 11:06, Calle Hedberg <calle.hedberg@gmail.com <mailto:calle.hedberg@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi

I'm having an issue that baffles me: when adding a program rule to a tracker program that checks one attribute in order to hide another attribute, I can initially select and save - everything seems normal.

But when I open the program rule again, the field to be hidden is showing "None" and there are no values in the drop-down for that selection.

I have tried to replicate this on the demo, but on the demo the new program rule does not save at all. No error message - it just don't save.

I then tried to modify an existing program rule ("WHO RMNCH tracker", verify street address) by changing the action from warning to hide field - again I only get "None" in the field drop-down.

regards
Calle
******************************************* <>
Calle Hedberg
Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472 <tel:%2B27-21-685-6472>
Cell: +27-82-853-5352 <tel:%2B27-82-853-5352>
Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119 <tel:%2B8816-315-19119>
Email: calle.hedberg@gmail.com <mailto:calle.hedberg@gmail.com>

--
******************************************* <>
Calle Hedberg