Program indicator to count defaulters

Hi,
We will like to count TEIs defaulted i.e. that did not have any visit (event) after 30 days of a ‘Next appointment date’ (DE). We will like to stop counting the TEI once there is a visit anytime thereafter.
e.g. Mr A had next appointment date 29th of Feb. He did not show up on 29th of Feb nor in March or April. However he showed up in May. So Mr A should be counted in March and April but not in May.
Does anyone know how this can be achieved with program indicators?
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I have a similar problem to Muhammad’s. How can this accomplished with program indicators?

Thanks

Hey there,
I think this needs to be an enrollment type indicator, as you are interested in knowing when the latest visit was for a specific person.

To check wether to count them as a defaulter, you can for example make a calculation between the event date of the last visit, and the last day of the reporting period. If this number of days is high enough(lets say 50), you would count the person as a defaulter.

To make sure you count the person as defaulter in earlier periods, like March and April from your earlier example, we need to add a boundary that makes sure we only look at events that falls before the end of the reporting period.

Analytics type: Enrollment
Add boundary for "Event date" to be "Before end of reporting period".
Expression: V{enrollment_count}
Filter: d2:daysBetween(PS_EVENTDATE:uidofprogramstage, V{analytics_period_end}) > 50

Hope this might be something for you to build your defaulter definition on. Reach out if you need further assistance on the defaulter calculation.

Best regards,
Markus

3 Likes

Hi@Markus
Can you explain this expression “PS_EVENTDATE:uidofprogramstage”
Thank you

1 Like

From the docs it says that it is used to compare the latest (in this context ‘the last visit’) event date in the program stage you specify. (:

1 Like