Program indicator not limited to period

Dear All,

I have developed a program indicator for a tracker program with multiple stages (each stage accounting for the fact that patients need to return to the healthcare facilities for multiple vaccinations). The program indicator(s) count the number of people who received their first, second, third and fourth dose of vaccine.

Example of program indicator
Aggregation type: Count
Analytics type: Enrolment
Expression: V{tei_count}
Filter: d2:hasValue(Day 0: First consultation.Rabies vaccine administered)

The problem I am encountering is that the first program indicator (# of people of received their first vaccine) is not restricted to time. As such, setting the period of the visualised event to 2021 still shows the number of people who received their first dose of vaccine in 2020. Adding a new vaccinated patient in 2021 results in the visualised events showing the aggregated data for 2020 and 2021.

The same trend does, however, not happen for the program indicator that counts the number of people who received their 2nd, 3rd and 4th dose as this seems to be restricted to the year in which the event took place (i.e. not carried over to 2021 if recorded in 2020). All of the program indicators were developed in a similar manner (see above) - except for the filter which counts vaccine administered for the specific stage the count is taking place for.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Andre

1 Like

Dear All,

I have found the problem and just wanted to share it with the group in case something similar happens on other instances.

I had accidentally removed the “Analytics period boundaries” when creating the first program indicator. Reinstating them has resulted in the indicator being limited to the timeframe as expected.

Kind regards,

Andre

2 Likes