Problem in COVID-19 attributes and reports - Palestine

Dear DHIS2 community… We would like to share our Palestine dhis2 country team issue faced with covid-19 system. Below, please find a list of events and should you have any questions that we could share with them please let us know.

1- On Tuesday: 8th Sept 2020 the team created a new tracked entity attributes (as highlighted below in bold) over four programs: Case reporting, Isolation, Quarantine, and Lab. with related program rules according to the requested requirements

2- On Friday: 18th of Sept, 2020, and after a while of work on the system, a team member separated two data attributes named reporting date, and sampling date from taking the same date from each other and I have deleted related program rules accordingly.

3- Later on Friday: 18th a new report for educational sector requested to get the count of Yes, and count of No for tracked entity attribute named “Educational sector” and have value type (Yes/No).

The team created a program indicator with expression:
V{event_count}

Filter:
V{program_stage_id} == ‘FoAL3P52s3q’ && A{zxZGI6RmBOV} == ‘Yes’

Then we tried to extract event report by select any attribute that used for education sector, but no data shown in the report but only shows that there are many pages but the data is hidden.
But when we select other attribute the report works normally.

So we removed the attributes added lately from tracked entity, delete them from system and create new one, but the same problem happened when extract report.

We create new tracked entity and new attributes in addition to use some of old attributes and add this tracked entity to new program. When we extract report from this program (attributes and data element), everything works normally.

Note: number of attributes added to new tracked entity is less than attributes exist in old tracked entity.

There’s a problem in “COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem” event program, the indicators for total samples & total positive samples are working fine but the other indicators are empty and no value in pivot table although they are filled in the event.

Also tested those indicators in Event report but unfortunately there are no values, the report shows that there are 12 pages but the data is hidden.
Picture3

{“headers”:[{“name”:“psi”,“column”:“Event”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“ps”,“column”:“Program stage”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“eventdate”,“column”:“Event date”,“valueType”:“DATE”,“type”:“java.util.Date”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“geometry”,“column”:“Geometry”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“longitude”,“column”:“Longitude”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“latitude”,“column”:“Latitude”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“ouname”,“column”:“Organisation unit name”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“oucode”,“column”:“Organisation unit code”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“ou”,“column”:“Organisation unit”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“vuq0H4jTKii”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“L8ESNhvMtBG”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“ptGZ7jtwkow”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / A G Rapid test”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“pn7ZnSzJz25”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / PCR”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“kCDRgkRv24U”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ A. G. rapid test”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“yzHuW73my7i”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ PCR”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true}],“metaData”:{“pager”:{“page”:1,“total”:116,“pageSize”:100,“pageCount”:2},“items”:{“GJUeRtsjd2I”:{“name”:“COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem”},“y3Cdg4OoTOc”:{“name”:“COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem”},“pn7ZnSzJz25”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / PCR”},“GD7TowwI46c”:{“name”:“Palestine”},“L8ESNhvMtBG”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases”},“vuq0H4jTKii”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples”},“ou”:{“name”:“Organisation unit”},“yzHuW73my7i”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ PCR”},“ptGZ7jtwkow”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / A G Rapid test”},“kCDRgkRv24U”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ A. G. rapid test”}},“dimensions”:{“pn7ZnSzJz25”:[],“L8ESNhvMtBG”:[],“pe”:[],“vuq0H4jTKii”:[],“ou”:[“GD7TowwI46c”],“yzHuW73my7i”:[],“ptGZ7jtwkow”:[],“kCDRgkRv24U”:[]}},“rows”:[],“width”:0,“height”:0,“headerWidth”:15}

Has anyone run into a similar issue? or have input that I could share with the team? We appreciate your help due to the urgency.

Thank you again from Palestine Country Team. @ataallah @mbaniode @ayman.tuffaha @Alaa Abu_Aisha @hanin.saadah

3 Likes

Hi @Yousef.

So sorry you are facing these issues.

A couple of questions for follow up to you:

• Which version is the instance on?
  • Do you run scheduled analytics? Have you also tried to run manual analytics?
  • For the event program indicators, are they all configured in the same way (I do see that the ones who work are called the same in the Event Reports and in Capture App, while the ones working are not?)? Did they work at some point or have they never showed in the event reports?

Best regards,
Karoline

Dear @Karoline thank you for responding ,

Please find below the answers for your questions.

• Which version is the instance on? 2.33.3
  • Do you run scheduled analytics? Have you also tried to run manual analytics?
    Yes, we tried both with no luck unfortunately!
  • For the event program indicators, are they all configured in the same way (I do see that the ones who work are called the same in the Event Reports and in Capture App, while the ones working are not?)? Did they work at some point or have they never showed in the event reports?

In Sep 27, the event program “COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem” was built with only 2 data elements :

1. COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples (Value type: Number & Aggregation type: Sum)
  2. COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases (Value type: Number & Aggregation type: Sum)

And 2 program indicators (both of them are configured the same way):
1.Total number of daily samples (Aggregation type: Sum ,Analytics type: Event , Expression: COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples
, Filter: empty)
2.Total number of positive cases (Aggregation type: Sum ,Analytics type: Event , Expression: COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases , Filter: empty)

We filled the data needed in this event program and ran analytics then we built the report in pivot table and everything was perfect

Event in event report everything is fine also

Later on,
In Nov , we built 4 data elements and added them to the same program

1.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / PCR
2.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / A G Rapid test
3.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ PCR
4.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ A. G. rapid test

They are all configured exactly as the previous data elements (Value type: Number & Aggregation type: Sum)

Also, built 4 program indicators to show the last 4 data elements added and those program indicators are also configured the same as the previous program indicators:

1.Total number of daily samples (PCR) ,(Aggregation type: Sum ,Analytics type: Event , Expression: COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / PCR , Filter: empty)

2.Total number of daily samples (A. G. Rapid test) ,(Aggregation type: Sum ,Analytics type: Event , Expression: COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / A G Rapid test

3.Total number of positive cases (PCR), (Aggregation type: Sum ,Analytics type: Event , Expression: COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ PCR

4.Total number of positive cases (A. G. Rapid test), (Aggregation type: Sum ,Analytics type: Event , Expression: COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem.COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ A. G. rapid test , Filter: empty)

At this point, I updated all the old events in this program and added the needed values for the recent 4 data elements added.
Later, I added the last (newest) program indicators to the already existed report to show the data but unfortunately no data shown, I even tried to build a new report including only the last 4 program indicators but also no data!

Only the old program indicators (highlighted in Yellow) shows the data

I tried to show them in Event report & unfortunately with no luck!
(Event report shows only the data of old program indicators)

I seems that the data is hidden somehow because at the right bottom it says (1-60 of 60 cases) !

No errors in Console but in Network shows the following

{“headers”:[{“name”:“psi”,“column”:“Event”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“ps”,“column”:“Program stage”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“eventdate”,“column”:“Event date”,“valueType”:“DATE”,“type”:“java.util.Date”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“geometry”,“column”:“Geometry”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“longitude”,“column”:“Longitude”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“latitude”,“column”:“Latitude”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“ouname”,“column”:“Organisation unit name”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“oucode”,“column”:“Organisation unit code”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“ou”,“column”:“Organisation unit”,“valueType”:“TEXT”,“type”:“java.lang.String”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“vuq0H4jTKii”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“pn7ZnSzJz25”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / PCR”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“ptGZ7jtwkow”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / A G Rapid test”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“L8ESNhvMtBG”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“yzHuW73my7i”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ PCR”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true},{“name”:“kCDRgkRv24U”,“column”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ A. G. rapid test”,“valueType”:“NUMBER”,“type”:“java.lang.Double”,“hidden”:false,“meta”:true}],“metaData”:{“pager”:{“page”:1,“total”:60,“pageSize”:100,“pageCount”:1},“items”:{“GJUeRtsjd2I”:{“name”:“COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem”},“y3Cdg4OoTOc”:{“name”:“COVID19_Day Totals without Jerusalem”},“pn7ZnSzJz25”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / PCR”},“L8ESNhvMtBG”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases”},“vuq0H4jTKii”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples”},“ou”:{“name”:“Organisation unit”},“gwAcS6gaz7D”:{“name”:“West Bank”},“yzHuW73my7i”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ PCR”},“ptGZ7jtwkow”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of daily samples / A G Rapid test”},“kCDRgkRv24U”:{“name”:“COVID19_DTwJ_Total number of positive cases/ A. G. rapid test”},“zj9LoeErgkP”:{“name”:“Gaza Strip”}},“dimensions”:{“pn7ZnSzJz25”:[],“L8ESNhvMtBG”:[],“pe”:[],“vuq0H4jTKii”:[],“ou”:[“zj9LoeErgkP”,“gwAcS6gaz7D”],“yzHuW73my7i”:[],“ptGZ7jtwkow”:[],“kCDRgkRv24U”:[]}},“rows”:[],“width”:0,“height”:0,“headerWidth”:15}

I hope that I helped you with needed information

Best,
Hanin Saadah
DHIS2 Palestine country team

1 Like

Dear @hanin.saadah!

My name is Yury, I am working as DHIS2 implementer in Norway.

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing these problems.
In order to help you, I would need to have a closer look at your metadata. Could you send me a json file with the data elements, program indicators and event reports that you are using, to begin with?
yury@dhis2.org

Kind regards,

Yury