Problem / bug? with updating existing data element value in aggregate data entry under version 2.22

Hi,

Hope all are well.

Today I started to enter some historic data into our new shiny dhis2 system and think I may have broken it already!

When I enter aggregate data elements into the system it uploads ok and the cell turns green. If I then try to update the same cell the system throws an internal server error.

The Dhis2 log gives the following error:

WARN 2016-01-29 17:08:54,788 SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 23502 (SqlExceptionHelper.java [http-apr-8081-exec-8])

• ERROR 2016-01-29 17:08:54,789 ERROR: null value in column “timestamp” violates not-null constraint

Detail: Failing row contains (7639, 5830, 5218, 7428, 15, 7072, 1, null, admin, DELETE, 2016-01-29 17:08:54.78). (SqlExceptionHelper.java [http-apr-8081-exec-8])

We’ve not been able to recreate the bug on the dhis2play version. We’ve checked the postgres db and all the relevant fields appear to be there so we do not think it is related to the previous upgrade process to v2.22. From what we gather the error is thrown when trying to update the audit table due to lack of a timestamp.

We tried against a range of data elements and appears not to be related to any specific one / or specific category combo.

Have tried setting up a new ‘clean’ dataset with just one dataelement.

Have tried auto and custom data entry forms

Am logging in as sys admin.

Dhis2 v 2.22 ,

build 21782 from 26th January.

Hosted with BAO.

Would appreciate if anyone could advise/support and check whether this is a bug or not. Can give access to the system if required.

Many thanks

Craig

Hi Craig

Probably you were trying 2.22 out during development phase? That column existed for a few days before it was renamed.

Simply removing the timestamp column should work

···

On Saturday, 30 January 2016, Craig Hollingsworth craig.hollingsworth@nrc.no wrote:

Hi,

Hope all are well.

Today I started to enter some historic data into our new shiny dhis2 system and think I may have broken it already!

When I enter aggregate data elements into the system it uploads ok and the cell turns green. If I then try to update the same cell the system throws an internal server error.

WARN 2016-01-29 17:08:54,788 SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 23502 (SqlExceptionHelper.java [http-apr-8081-exec-8])

• ERROR 2016-01-29 17:08:54,789 ERROR: null value in column “timestamp” violates not-null constraint

Detail: Failing row contains (7639, 5830, 5218, 7428, 15, 7072, 1, null, admin, DELETE, 2016-01-29 17:08:54.78). (SqlExceptionHelper.java [http-apr-8081-exec-8])

We’ve not been able to recreate the bug on the dhis2play version. We’ve checked the postgres db and all the relevant fields appear to be there so we do not think it is related to the previous upgrade process to v2.22. From what we gather the error is thrown when trying to update the audit table due to lack of a timestamp.

We tried against a range of data elements and appears not to be related to any specific one / or specific category combo.

Dhis2 v 2.22 ,

Hosted with BAO.

Would appreciate if anyone could advise/support and check whether this is a bug or not. Can give access to the system if required.

Many thanks

Craig

Craig Hollingsworth

Global M&E Data Pilots Project Manager

Tel: +57 320 208 4921 / +44 (0) 7570 138 151

NRC Logo spanish

Morten

Hi again

On second thought, I see you are talking about aggregate data… this table has existed for a while, what we did in 2.22 was to rename it from timestamp to created.

Are you saying it is named timestamp even on a fresh new database?

For existing databases you should be able to just do:

alter table datavalueaudit rename column timestamp to created

(that said, this is already done during startup… but maybe you have both created and timestamp column… which could create issues)

···

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Morten Olav Hansen mortenoh@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Craig

Probably you were trying 2.22 out during development phase? That column existed for a few days before it was renamed.

On Saturday, 30 January 2016, Craig Hollingsworth craig.hollingsworth@nrc.no wrote:

Hi,

Hope all are well.

Dhis2 v 2.22 ,

Hosted with BAO.

Many thanks

Craig

Craig Hollingsworth

Tel: +57 320 208 4921 / +44 (0) 7570 138 151

Morten

Morten

Hi Morten,

Hope you’re well.

Thanks for the response. greatly appreciated.

we rebooted the server but I think the script is not dropping the old column, instead it’s creating a separate one for ‘created’ and hence the error.

thanks again for your help!

Cheers

Craig

···

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Morten Olav Hansen
mortenoh@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Craig

Hi,

Hope all are well.

Dhis2 v 2.22 ,

Hosted with BAO.

Many thanks

Craig

Craig Hollingsworth

Tel: +57 320 208 4921 /
+44 (0) 7570 138 151

Morten

Morten

Yes, I see there are some issues with the upgrade script. I will fix it.

You should be able to properly upgrade using something like this:

update datavalueaudit set created=timestamp where created is null

alter table datavalueaudit drop column timestamp

···

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Craig Hollingsworth craig.hollingsworth@nrc.no wrote:

Hi Morten,

Hope you’re well.

we rebooted the server but I think the script is not dropping the old column, instead it’s creating a separate one for ‘created’ and hence the error.

Cheers

Craig

Sent: 29 January 2016 22:02

To: Craig Hollingsworth

Cc: dhis2-devs

Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] Problem / bug? with updating existing data element value in aggregate data entry under version 2.22

Hi again

On second thought, I see you are talking about aggregate data… this table has existed for a while, what we did in 2.22 was to rename it from timestamp to created.

(that said, this is already done during startup… but maybe you have both created and timestamp column… which could create issues)

Morten

Morten

Hi Craig

Hi,

Hope all are well.

Dhis2 v 2.22 ,

Hosted with BAO.

Many thanks

Craig

Craig Hollingsworth

+44 (0) 7570 138 151

Morten

This should now be fixed in latest 2.22/trunk (please give our servers about 30 min to build the new version if you are downloading from dhis2.org)

···

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Morten Olav Hansen mortenoh@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, I see there are some issues with the upgrade script. I will fix it.

You should be able to properly upgrade using something like this:

update datavalueaudit set created=timestamp where created is null

alter table datavalueaudit drop column timestamp

Morten

Morten

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Craig Hollingsworth craig.hollingsworth@nrc.no wrote:

Hi Morten,

Hope you’re well.

Cheers

Craig

Sent: 29 January 2016 22:02

To: Craig Hollingsworth

Cc: dhis2-devs

Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] Problem / bug? with updating existing data element value in aggregate data entry under version 2.22

Hi again

Morten

Hi Craig

Hi,

Hope all are well.

Dhis2 v 2.22 ,

Hosted with BAO.

Many thanks

Craig

Craig Hollingsworth

+44 (0) 7570 138 151

Morten