Possible issue with GML import (MapshaperLoader)

Hi Sushil,
Just to confirm, will this procedure work for existing orgunits? I recall the last time when I looked at the app, it did not support the work flow of updating only the geometry of existing OUs. Could you explain a bit more about this, i.e. whether it is supported at the moment or not?

Regards,

Jason

···

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Sushil Chitrakar sushilchitr@gmail.com wrote:

Hello All,
in earlier email, I missed the steps to follow to use the app. I am including it here.

I have included the steps to follow after installing the app for importing:

1. open the app.
  1. choose the level*.shp file. level*.shp file is the shape file that you have. First(zero level) is country
  1. now drag the corresponding .dbf file into the browser. ie dbf file of the country ( you can drag or upload both files at once aswell)
  1. after dragging the .dbf , adjust the detail of map you want to be imported using the slider in the browser. You can see slight changes in the map detail.
  1. now use the button Org Unit to display the list of org units in the .dbf file.
  1. in the same page, you choose column with the id of the org unit, its parent, name and short name and level of the organisation units. The columns for corresponding data are listed in the select box on top of table. For country since its a zero level, it does not have a parent, so do not choose anything. For other level like in the first level, development region , you need to choose the id of country or its parent there. After choosing all the mandatory fields the Map field button will be enabled.
  1. Use the map fields button to map the fields with the database and find the parent automatically on the basis of code.
  1. If the app finds the matching parent it will show up in the parent column. If not you will be allowed to choose the parent from the select box.
  1. Then choose the organisations units that you want to import. After choosing the at least one row from the list, import button will be displayed.
  1. then use import button to import the data into the dhis.
  1. If you want to see the GML data, please choose the “show GML text” check box. It will also display the GML data at the right side in a text box.
  1. now follow the same process again.

Please let me know if you find any issue on this.

Regards,

Sushil

On 29 March 2015 at 19:19, Sushil Chitrakar sushilchitr@gmail.com wrote:

Hello All,
I am doing master thesis with DHIS2 and developing the app to import the organisation units with the coordinates from the shaperfiles. Here I am including the the app that I am working on and this is kind of first version. I have included the list of work doing in this app and there are many things can be done. Please take a look on this and let me know what do you guys feel about this. For now this does not work in the demo server of DHIS2 simply because of the links to different paths. I am working on that as well.

Main Features:

1. remove digits from the coordinates, ie. coordinates will have only 4 digits after .(eg: 23.33333333 → 23.3333)
  1. display the dbf values
  1. allow user to map the columns with the columns in the DHIS2 database.
  1. automatically try to find the parent of each organisation units from the db, if not all user to select the parent.
  1. import the organisation units into the db with coordinates.

Things you need:

1. Shaper files(.dbf and .shp) for each layer
  1. coordinates in the .shp file must be of projection EPSG:4326 in case of DHIS2

I hope that you can provided me some feedback on this app and help me work on this more and also for my thesis. Let me know if you have any issues installing the app or using it. One link that can be helpful for installing the app is: https://www.dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/developer/html/ch02s03.html

Thanks and best regards,

Sushil Chitrakar

On 24 March 2015 at 22:42, Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Jason (and Halvdan),

Not directly related, but since GML is coming up again, it could perhaps be good to revisit Sushil’s app, which is meant to bypass GML and import shapefiles directly.

If you (and others on the list) have some time, it would be good to get more feedback on it.

Knut

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Halvdan Grelland halvdanhg@gmail.com wrote:

Yeah as discussed just now we should support output from qgis and gdal at least. Currently working on that.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Knut Staring

Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo

Norway: +4791880522

http://dhis2.org

2015-03-24 16:03 GMT+01:00 Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com:

I just exported this from QGIS. Would seem strange if we could not support this,as it was just an export from a shape file.

Regards

Jason

On Mar 24, 2015 9:30 AM, “Halvdan Grelland” halvdanhg@gmail.com wrote:

Actually, small error in my example: pos elements should have lat and long separated by whitespace:

gml:pos-45.046450667490049 30.904516454945856</gml:pos

2015-03-24 14:05 GMT+01:00 Halvdan Grelland halvdanhg@gmail.com:

By the way, here is the relevant quote from the GML Point Profile:

“A Point is defined by a single coordinate tuple, with the coordinate values being specified by the gml:pos property. Data instances compliant with this profile shall use only the gml:pos property.”

2015-03-24 13:57 GMT+01:00 Halvdan Grelland halvdanhg@gmail.com:

The gml:Point element only supports gml:pos coordinate tuples (a single one, of course). The gml:coordinates element is expected to have multiple points, which is why it is parsed in that particular way.

The only real bug on our part here is that we for some reason allow gml:Point to contain a gml:coordinates element with a single contained coordinate, thus being incorrectly output as seen in Jasons example. I realize we might have allowed this for a while, though, as the logics of this has remained unchanged by the recent GML importer rewrite.

My suggestion is that we follow the standard GML point profile and remove support for gml:coordinates within gml:Point entirely. Jason, could you try with the following XML, please:

gml:featureMember

<ogr:OpenDemolandHealthFacilities fid=“OpenDemolandHealthFacilities.4”>

ogr:geometryProperty<gml:Point srsName=“EPSG:4326”>gml:pos-45.046450667490049,30.904516454945856</gml:pos></gml:Point></ogr:geometryProperty>

ogr:NameCrow Site</ogr:Name>

ogr:NAME_1Bird</ogr:NAME_1>

ogr:RegionAnimal</ogr:Region>

ogr:CountryDemoland</ogr:Country>

</ogr:OpenDemolandHealthFacilities>

</gml:featureMember>

Of course, If you feel otherwise let me know.

Halvdan

2015-03-24 13:09 GMT+01:00 Jan Henrik Øverland janhenrik.overland@gmail.com:

Halvdan, quick fix. Points should never have more than one set of brackets.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there.

I am using the GML importer to import coordinates.

Here is a snippet of the GML I am importing

gml:featureMember

<ogr:OpenDemolandHealthFacilities fid=“OpenDemolandHealthFacilities.4”>

ogr:geometryProperty<gml:Point srsName=“EPSG:4326”>gml:coordinates-45.046450667490049,30.904516454945856</gml:coordinates></gml:Point></ogr:geometryProperty>

ogr:NameCrow Site</ogr:Name>

ogr:NAME_1Bird</ogr:NAME_1>

ogr:RegionAnimal</ogr:Region>

ogr:CountryDemoland</ogr:Country>

</ogr:OpenDemolandHealthFacilities>

</gml:featureMember>

This seems to import fine, but on the database side, I see this

Crow Site | [[-45.0465,30.9045]]

Note, the double square brackets. The GIS says there are no valid coordinates.

When I replace these double brackets with single ones

Crow Site | [-45.0465,30.9045]

Things work OK. This is a 2.19 snapshot version, unsure of the revision.

Is this an issue possibly with rev 18488?

Regards,

Jason

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049