Pivot table Error : downloaded data in text format from pivot table/data visualiser

Dear Colleagues,

I am having issue when downloading data in excel from pivot table. I am getting number with an additional .0 and the downloaded numbers are in text format. I am using DHIS2 2.36.11
Can someone help me with the fix

1 Like

In Excel, you can change the number of decimals by selecting the column and then from the Home tab, click Decrease Decimal icon will look like this: 480x480,5%

@Thanks AL_GAssim for your answer. I am using the method you describe since 2 weeks now but I would like to have a ready to use excel file as it use to be on previous release version

warm regards

Amza

May I ask what metadata does the number 0 in the picture you posted represent? Data element, indicator…etc? If Data element then what type? (:

@AL Gassim, the value are of type Number. They are data elements.

warm regards,

Amza

Hello everyone,
When we download the data in Excel (xls) it looks like this with a dot at the end of the numbers.

How do we deal with this? We are on version 2.39.1.1

Hi @ifeanyiokoye

This is the formatting options for the numbers which is why even when you try to edit the cell, it’s not there; however, if you want to remove these dots you can select all the fields and format the cells by changing the formatting to Number and removing the decimal points at the end.

If you don’t need the formating you can export as CSV from the app and then import them to your spreadsheet software. I used Google Sheets:

Thanks!

Thank you @Gassim. However, this did not always happen like this. What changed? Can it be changed back so that folks do not have to do these extra manipulations?