Patient reminder SMS not sending

Hi,

I am having trouble with setting up a SMS reminder that should be sent to a TEI before their next appointment (next stage) within the tracker program.

The TEI has a cellphone number (Tracked entity attribute, with a “Phone number” value type and aggregation set to “None”)

The Tracker program’s notification has been set up as follows:

The problem is that no notifications are being sent to the TEI and I am not sure whether I have set it up incorrectly in either the Tracked Entity Attribute or the Program notification.

We are running on version 2.30 and have set up a SMS Service Configuration that successfully sends SMS notifications to users within an Org tree or Org group.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and I remain available in case additional information is required.

Kind regards,

Andre

2 Likes

Hello @ACoetzer1988,

I hope you are well. Did you manage to get a workaround for this? Tagging my friend @prosper to advise on what might be missing here.

Best,
James.

Hello @jomutsani,

No, we have not been able to rectify this matter and hope that your friend might be able to advise us on the way forward.

Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

Kind regards,

Andre

1 Like

Are your phone number values well formed? And two, is your SMS gateway well set up for MTs? You’d want to ensure that these are fine. Then proceed to the stack traced and see what could be the problems.

Philip A.

1 Like

Daer @paleu256

Thank you for the help. I turns out that the program rule that triggered the notification was not well formatted and thus did not trigger any sms notification.

Upon simplifying the program rule I got the notification to send, so now I just need to revise the program rule and hopefuly avoid the previous mistakes in the formatting.

Kind regards,

Andre

Thanks for the guidance.

2 Likes

Hello dear @ACoetzer1988 ,

I am facing the same issue. I am trying to set up an SMS reminder to be sent 2 days before the next “check up” appointment.

Can you give us an idea of how the program rule is supposed to look like?

1 Like