Options lenght limit

Hello devs,

We created an ICD Diagnosis data element (spanish version of ICD) included in an Inpatient morbidity and morbility program without registration. When we use Event Reports trying to obtain an aggregate number of cases for some specific diseases we obtain no values even if these cases appear on the general diseases list (with no selected items in the data element).

We select a specific disease and no values found for this selection:

No disease selected and the aggregated data appears for the disease previously selected:


We did the same on dev server with similar results. We suspect that there is maybe a character limit for the querys because when the option (disease in the Diagnosis data element) only has a few characters it works fine.

We are using 2.24 version and build revision 23511.

Best regards.

···

Sergio Valenzuela
Fundación EHAS
Telemedicina para países en desarrollo -www.ehas.org

E.T.S.I. de Telecomunicación A.101-9L. Ciudad Universitaria 30, 28040 Madrid - España

Tlfno. (+34) 91 488 87 41: (+34) 687 67 17 62

If it help you, we tested it and 50 characters is the max lenght of an option returning results on Event Reports and Event Visualizer.

···

2016-07-12 18:04 GMT+02:00 Sergio Valenzuela sergio.valenzuela@ehas.org:

Hello devs,

We created an ICD Diagnosis data element (spanish version of ICD) included in an Inpatient morbidity and morbility program without registration. When we use Event Reports trying to obtain an aggregate number of cases for some specific diseases we obtain no values even if these cases appear on the general diseases list (with no selected items in the data element).

We select a specific disease and no values found for this selection:

No disease selected and the aggregated data appears for the disease previously selected:

We did the same on dev server with similar results. We suspect that there is maybe a character limit for the querys because when the option (disease in the Diagnosis data element) only has a few characters it works fine.

We are using 2.24 version and build revision 23511.

Best regards.


Sergio Valenzuela
Fundación EHAS
Telemedicina para países en desarrollo -www.ehas.org

E.T.S.I. de Telecomunicación A.101-9L. Ciudad Universitaria 30, 28040 Madrid - España

Tlfno. (+34) 91 488 87 41: (+34) 687 67 17 62

Sergio Valenzuela
Fundación EHAS
Telemedicina para países en desarrollo -www.ehas.org

E.T.S.I. de Telecomunicación A.101-9L. Ciudad Universitaria 30, 28040 Madrid - España

Tlfno. (+34) 91 488 87 41: (+34) 687 67 17 62

Hello again,

We identified what was happening so, just in case someone get stuck with the same thing:

First of all, when option sets are getting imported from a .csv, even if in the documentation it is written that the OptionCode has a limit of 50 char, the Import/Export app allows you to make the import surpassing this limit, and no warnings are raised. That was our first mistake.

And second, when a value is assigned to a dataelement which is an option from an optionset through the API, it is recommended to assing the optioncode instead of the optionname, just in case the optionname surpass the 50 char limit we talked before.

Now everything works like it should for us.

Best Regards!

···

2016-07-12 18:21 GMT+02:00 Sergio Valenzuela sergio.valenzuela@ehas.org:

If it help you, we tested it and 50 characters is the max lenght of an option returning results on Event Reports and Event Visualizer.

Sergio Valenzuela
Fundación EHAS
Telemedicina para países en desarrollo -www.ehas.org

E.T.S.I. de Telecomunicación A.101-9L. Ciudad Universitaria 30, 28040 Madrid - España

Tlfno. (+34) 91 488 87 41: (+34) 687 67 17 62

Sergio Valenzuela
Fundación EHAS
Telemedicina para países en desarrollo -www.ehas.org

E.T.S.I. de Telecomunicación A.101-9L. Ciudad Universitaria 30, 28040 Madrid - España

Tlfno. (+34) 91 488 87 41: (+34) 687 67 17 62

2016-07-12 18:04 GMT+02:00 Sergio Valenzuela sergio.valenzuela@ehas.org:

Hello devs,

We created an ICD Diagnosis data element (spanish version of ICD) included in an Inpatient morbidity and morbility program without registration. When we use Event Reports trying to obtain an aggregate number of cases for some specific diseases we obtain no values even if these cases appear on the general diseases list (with no selected items in the data element).

We select a specific disease and no values found for this selection:

No disease selected and the aggregated data appears for the disease previously selected:

We did the same on dev server with similar results. We suspect that there is maybe a character limit for the querys because when the option (disease in the Diagnosis data element) only has a few characters it works fine.

We are using 2.24 version and build revision 23511.

Best regards.


Sergio Valenzuela
Fundación EHAS
Telemedicina para países en desarrollo -www.ehas.org

E.T.S.I. de Telecomunicación A.101-9L. Ciudad Universitaria 30, 28040 Madrid - España

Tlfno. (+34) 91 488 87 41: (+34) 687 67 17 62