Option Sets and Dataset Completeness

Hello, I have 2 questions/suggestions for the Android Team,

Option Sets:

I noticed a challenge with Option Sets in the Android Data Capture app.

1.   I am **unable to save values in an Option Set if the name is text and the code is an integer** (1 hour = 60, 2 hours = 120).  The sync log indicates that data was imported successfully, but it does not import.  While troubleshooting, I noticed that if I select “1 hour” in my web browser for data entry, it will appear in the Android app as the value 60. This helped me to identify the issue as a mismatch between name and code.

2.    The good news is that I have no problem saving Option Sets where both name and code are text, or both are integers. In order to fix the issue, I changed the name to match the code (name=0, code=0), the value was saved properly in the Android App.

Android version: 1.6.6

DHIS2 Version: 2.27

Build revision: 94df818

Build date: 2017-09-30 06:25

Data Set Completion

The Data Capture app does not have the ability to mark a dataset complete. Is this in the pipeline? This would help with our workflow and with triggering validation rules to run.

Mike

Mike Johnson, MSc | MEQ Manager

Monitoring, Evaluation & Quality Improvement | Partners In Health

Email: mjohnson@pih.org

Mobile: +1 857-206-5246

Submit an MEQ data request

Dear Mike,

for question 1 I am happy to see that you found a workaround. I am, however, adding Ignacio to the loop in case he wants to add a comment.

For data set completion, I recommend you to have a look at the documentation for Data Capture.

**Completion in Android **

Android uses an ‘explicit save’ approach, where no data is saved until a ‘Save’ button is tapped.

Clicking ‘Save’ not only saves the Data Set, it also automatically marks it

as ‘complete’ (There are no separate buttons for ‘complete’ or ‘incomplete’).

This allows edits of existing ‘incomplete’ Data Sets. Just viewing an ‘incomplete’ Data Set on Android

will not ‘complete’ it unless the ‘Save’ button is also clicked.

Hope it helps!

Marta

···

On 29 November 2017 at 22:37, Mike Johnson mjohnson@pih.org wrote:

Option Sets:

1.   I am **unable to save values in an Option Set if the name is text and the code is an integer** (1 hour = 60, 2 hours = 120).  The sync log indicates that data was imported successfully, but it does not import.  While troubleshooting, I noticed that if I select “1 hour” in my web browser for data entry, it will appear in the Android app as the value 60. This helped me to identify the issue as a mismatch between name and code.

1.    The good news is that I have no problem saving Option Sets where both name and code are text, or both are integers. In order to fix the issue, I changed the name to match the code (name=0, code=0), the value was saved properly in the Android App.

Data Set Completion

The Data Capture app does not have the ability to mark a dataset complete. Is this in the pipeline? This would help with our workflow and with triggering validation rules to run.

Mike

thanks Ignacio!

···

On 8 December 2017 at 21:35, Ignacio Foche Pérez nacho@eyeseetea.com wrote:

Hi Mike, Marta,

We’ve looked at it and there was a bug in how data is sent to the server. We already have a solution to integrate into the next version but in the meanwhile, I’ve submitted a new issue in Jira for this (https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/ACA-305).

Thank you for detecting the bug and for finding the workaround. I’ve explained in the Jira issue the details of why the bug is happening. I hope it helps.

Best regards

Le jeu. 7 déc. 2017 à 12:05, Marta Vila martavila@gmail.com a écrit :

Dear Mike,

for question 1 I am happy to see that you found a workaround. I am, however, adding Ignacio to the loop in case he wants to add a comment.

For data set completion, I recommend you to have a look at the documentation for Data Capture.

**Completion in Android **

Android uses an ‘explicit save’ approach, where no data is saved until a ‘Save’ button is tapped.

Clicking ‘Save’ not only saves the Data Set, it also automatically marks it

as ‘complete’ (There are no separate buttons for ‘complete’ or ‘incomplete’).

This allows edits of existing ‘incomplete’ Data Sets. Just viewing an ‘incomplete’ Data Set on Android

will not ‘complete’ it unless the ‘Save’ button is also clicked.

Hope it helps!

Marta

Ignacio Foche Pérez

EyeSeeTea Ltd.
Delta Place 27 Bath Road | Cheltenham Gloucestershire GL53 7TH | United Kingdom
http://www.eyeseetea.com

Keep it green! - Keep it on the screen!

Notice to recipient: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or distributed by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail, any attachments and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.

On 29 November 2017 at 22:37, Mike Johnson mjohnson@pih.org wrote:

Option Sets:

1.    The good news is that I have no problem saving Option Sets where both name and code are text, or both are integers. In order to fix the issue, I changed the name to match the code (name=0, code=0), the value was saved properly in the Android App.

Data Set Completion

Mike