Option set aggregation problem

Hi all,

Sorry for writing this again, but I thought may be my description of the problem was not good.

We have currently switched to DHIS 2.13 after facing problems with version 2.12 in aggregating Number data types in patient domain (sum of data values) for Single Event Without Registration.

However, it seems that although DHIS 2.13 has fixed the problem of not aggregating Number data types with patient domain, is not aggregating Individual records with option sets (counting the number of visits).

When I try to recreate the problem on the demo application, I cannot enter records on the program stage because for some reason, the program I assigned to the organisation units is not available in program list (in Individual records).

I have tr cleied aring caches, using incognito mode in chrome and private browsing in Firefox.

Is it working for anybody else? Can you point to some solutions?

Hi,
regarding not seeing the program on the demo server, have you made sure to assign the program to your user role?

Regarding the aggregation queries in 2.13, what exactly do you mean by "not aggregating Individual records with option sets (counting the number of visits).» You want the number of visits where one of the options in the option set was selected? For example, if the option set is Discharged, Transfer, Died you want the number of visits where each of the three options were selected? Could you share the aggregation query formula you are using?

Olav

···
  1. nov. 2013 kl. 09:00 skrev Seid Hussein seid.hisp@gmail.com:

Hi all,

Sorry for writing this again, but I thought may be my description of the problem was not good.

We have currently switched to DHIS 2.13 after facing problems with version 2.12 in aggregating Number data types in patient domain (sum of data values) for Single Event Without Registration.

However, it seems that although DHIS 2.13 has fixed the problem of not aggregating Number data types with patient domain, is not aggregating Individual records with option sets (counting the number of visits).

When I try to recreate the problem on the demo application, I cannot enter records on the program stage because for some reason, the program I assigned to the organisation units is not available in program list (in Individual records).

I have tr cleied aring caches, using incognito mode in chrome and private browsing in Firefox.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Sorry forgot to include the list in my reply

···

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Olav Poppe olav.poppe@me.com wrote:

Hi,
regarding not seeing the program on the demo server, have you made sure to assign the program to your user role?

Regarding the aggregation queries in 2.13, what exactly do you mean by "not aggregating Individual records with option sets (counting the number of visits).» You want the number of visits where one of the options in the option set was selected? For example, if the option set is Discharged, Transfer, Died you want the number of visits where each of the three options were selected? Could you share the aggregation query formula you are using?

Olav

Hi all,

Hi,

I have recreated the issues on the demo application as well. I have created one program with all the dataelements added some data (See Single Event Without Registration for Ngelehun CHC under Bo → Badjia).

I have created aggregation operations for most of the patient data elements (you can check the formula if it is because of mistakes I made), but still only the number type data elements are getting aggregated and the occurrences of each option set are not counted.

Regards,

Seid,

···

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Seid Hussein seid.hisp@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding assigning the program to the user role, I didn’t do that so I think that’s the problem.

But for the aggregation issue, here’s what happened. With a sample of what I did.

I have a program called → BEmONC Obstetric complications at hospital with only one program stage and it is created as a Single Event Without Registration since we want anonymous data.

The program stage has about eight data elements of which three are recorded as texts selected from option sets and three are number data elements:

Data Elements with Option Sets

Period of pregnancy while coming to hospital – > Antepartum, Intrapartum and postpartum

Standard diagnosis – > Abortion complications, APH, PPH, Obstructed labor and 4 others
Mode of Delivery – > SVD, Assisted delivery and Cesarean section

Number data elements

Number of live births at hospital
Number of still births at hospital

Number of neonatal deaths at hospital

At aggregation query builder, for the number data elements, the operator is ‘Sum of data element values’ and for the option sets, we want to count the number of occurrences of a specific option from the option set so we used ‘Number of visit’. Hence for a data element with eight options, we have eight aggregation formulas and eight corresponding Number type data elements with Aggregation domain. And for the number data elements we have one corresponding data element with Aggregation domain.

Examples of aggregated data elements:

BEmONC Number of abortion complications at hospital – > aggregated from Abortion complications option in Standard diagnosis

BEmONC Number of SVD deliveries at hospital – > aggregated from SVD from Mode of Delivery

BEmONC Total Number of live births at hospital – > aggregated from Number of live births at hospital

Now the problem is, though the aggregation from the Number data elements is aggregating fine, the option sets (number of occurrences) are not.

Anyways, I’ll try to recreate it on the demo and report more information.

Regards,

Seid,

Hi,

Olav

Hi all,

Hi,

everything looks fine with your setup as far as I can see, it looks like a bug with the aggregation. Could you register a bug report on https://launchpad.net/dhis2 ?

Olav

···

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Seid Hussein seid.hisp@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding assigning the program to the user role, I didn’t do that so I think that’s the problem.

But for the aggregation issue, here’s what happened. With a sample of what I did.

I have a program called → BEmONC Obstetric complications at hospital with only one program stage and it is created as a Single Event Without Registration since we want anonymous data.

The program stage has about eight data elements of which three are recorded as texts selected from option sets and three are number data elements:

Data Elements with Option Sets

Period of pregnancy while coming to hospital – > Antepartum, Intrapartum and postpartum

Standard diagnosis – > Abortion complications, APH, PPH, Obstructed labor and 4 others
Mode of Delivery – > SVD, Assisted delivery and Cesarean section

Number data elements

Number of live births at hospital
Number of still births at hospital

Number of neonatal deaths at hospital

At aggregation query builder, for the number data elements, the operator is ‘Sum of data element values’ and for the option sets, we want to count the number of occurrences of a specific option from the option set so we used ‘Number of visit’. Hence for a data element with eight options, we have eight aggregation formulas and eight corresponding Number type data elements with Aggregation domain. And for the number data elements we have one corresponding data element with Aggregation domain.

Examples of aggregated data elements:

BEmONC Number of abortion complications at hospital – > aggregated from Abortion complications option in Standard diagnosis

BEmONC Number of SVD deliveries at hospital – > aggregated from SVD from Mode of Delivery

BEmONC Total Number of live births at hospital – > aggregated from Number of live births at hospital

Now the problem is, though the aggregation from the Number data elements is aggregating fine, the option sets (number of occurrences) are not.

Anyways, I’ll try to recreate it on the demo and report more information.

Regards,

Seid,

Hi,

Olav

Hi all,