DHIS2 Community of Practice Communications Coordinator - PSI Evidence and Innovations Hub Based in East Africa (Nairobi, Kenya) Up to 10% international travel
The DHIS2 CoP Communications Coordinator will work with the University of Oslo and PSI’s Evidence and Innovations Hub to:
• Develop promotional strategy by conducting an audience profiling and identifying messages and communication channels
• Execute promotional strategy by deploying promotional activities through promotional materials, appropriate communication channels (including social media), conferences and events, webinars and live discussions
• Expand the pool of DHIS2 CoP members by identifying and motivating relevant stakeholders and exploring onsite enrolment of members where possible
• Develop standard material package that can be used at conferences, webinars (flyers, posters etc) and a welcome package for new members
• Evaluate the community’s growth rate on a routine basis to identify blind spots and conduct course correction • Work with the Project lead in compiling and disseminating monthly DHIS2 newsletters externally and internally
• Promote use of DHIS2 Learning Resources in the CoP at relevant Academies, workshops and forums
The DHIS2 CoP Communications Coordinator should be passionate about leading projects which serve common global goods like DHIS2, and should be dynamic enough to work, interact and inspire a diverse group of DHIS2 users, like government staff, University of Oslo, NGOs, private consultants, etc.
The University of Oslo is the developer of the world leading Health Management Information System DHIS2, in use in more than 60 countries to collect, manage and analyze data. PSI’s Evidence and Innovations Hub is known for innovation, creativity, and its commitment for achieving long-term results for better health outcomes.
What are we looking for? We are looking for an ambitious individual with a passion in public health, willing and able to lead in a very dynamic role. In particular, we are looking for:
• Great program management, writing and communication skills
• Great people skills: working with a wide range of stakeholders, relationships management and networking
• Highly organized and a self-starter
• Comfortable with concepts relevant to public health, communications and knowledge management
• Experience in public health, communications and previous experience working with DHIS2 is a plus.
- All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya. PSI will not sponsor work permits
- Status: Consultant – until the end of December 2019 with the possibility of extension
- Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae not later than April 30, 2019 to email@example.com. Subject: DHIS2 CoP Communications Coordinator
- Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. References will be required
- The consulting service is expected to start in May 2019
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.