[OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] MySQL InnoDB plugin for performance enhancement

This may be important for the Indian DHIS2 installations which all run on MySql

Knut

···

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 1:21 AM
Subject: Re: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] MySQL InnoDB plugin for performance enhancement
To: openmrs-implement-l@listserv.iupui.edu

Hi Jeremy,

I completely agree that InnoDB-plugin does perform better than plain InnoDB tables.

That’s why Innobase (now Oracle) has been silently providing services to improving MySQL performance for years.

Also with InnoDB-plugin you can intelligently set the KEY_BLOCK_SIZE and get more data in-memory in ur buffer_pool_size

But from what u’ll see I’ve mentioned earlier that if you are performing IO intensive tasks, XtraDB (another drop-in replacement for InnoDB) provides even better performance, with the same reliability.

Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA

My Tech Blog: http://sunnytalkstech.blogspot.com
You Live by CHOICE, Not by CHANCE

On 17 August 2011 23:11, Jeremy Keiper jeremy@openmrs.org wrote:

Has anyone used the MySQL InnoDB plugin 0 for performance enhancement (faster indexing, etc)?

I just tried it out in our dev environment for upgrading the AMPATH dataset from version 1.6.2 to 1.8.2. Our original upgrade was stuck on adding an index to the obs table for 4+ days. After installing the plugin, the same statement completed in 24 minutes. I would like to continue using it, but need to know if anyone else has experienced problems with it. I will post a blog entry with my findings. Thanks!

Jeremy Keiper
OpenMRS Core Developer

AMPATH / IU-Kenya Support

Click here to unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers’ mailing list

Click here to unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers’ mailing list

Cheers,
Knut Staring