On the data visualizer, when using a phone, I can no longer change column to pivot table

I just recently upgrade from 2.38.1.1 to 2.39.0.1.

Our users report that on the data visualizer, when using a phone, they can no longer change column to pivot table. They use to do this before our upgrade. I don’t know if this is a bug that comes with 2.39.0.1.

I was able to reproduce this error in the play demo. I cannot scroll up beyond the visible part.

When I checked version 2.38.2.1, the scrolling is not working. But the top of the page is showing which contain link to the Pivot table. So the user cannot see the visual tools at the bottom of the page.

When I checked version 2.39.0.1, the scrolling is also not working. But the bottom of the page is showing. So the user cannot see the visual tools at the top of the page which contains the pivot table.

Why is the scrolling not working. And why is the top page showing in 2.39.0.1 and the bottom page is showing in 2.38.x.x

1 Like

Hi @jetisco4u

Thank you for your post! Any reason why using the browser instead of the app?

I am able to reproduce the issue; however in this scenario when using the phone browser, it might be better to select “Desktop site” in the settings. Please see screenshot:

Hope this resolves the issue!

Thanks!

1 Like

[quote=“AL-Gassim Sharaf Addin, post:2, topic:51409, username:Gassim”]
Any reason why using the browser instead of the app?
[/quote]I don’t understand the question but we generally used Laptop for analytic purpose but some of the users in the field need to use the Visualizer app to fetch some data and they work with their mobile phones.

Yes using the Desktop was the temporary solution I suggested to the users but it was not a pleasant experience and shouldn’t be a permanent solution. I think the team should look into why the page is not scrolling on Mobile.

It’s different issue with different version.

1 Like

Sure, we could create a Jira bug request. There might be a Frontend tweak. Would you like to create a jira bug request on Projects - Jira?

Thank you!

Thanks I will create the Jira request.

1 Like

Okay thanks! Please share the link to the request here so others can comment, watch, follow, and vote!