Not being able to run standard report in DHIS 2.12

Good evening,

I have not been able to run standard reports based on report tables. Whenever i try to run a standard report the system generate an exeception and i have copied the first lines below.

type Exception report

message Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to render report

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

Here are other lines from that exception that i thnik might be helpful.

root cause

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRValidationException: Report design not valid : 1. Field not found : reporting_month_name 2. Field not found : param_organisationunit_name 3. Field not found : organisation_unit_is_parent

I would be glad if someone could help me sort out this problem.

Jerry AZIAWA

Hi Jerry,

it seems you have been running the standard report jasper template directly as a new standard report.

This has been fixed in version 2.12 - it is now possible to run the report template directly without doing any modifications to it.

In your specific case, you need to remove the ! character (exclamation mark) from your parameters in the report, ie. $P{reporting_month_name} instead of $P!{reporting_month_name}. The ! is useful to force evaluation as a parameter as a string instead of numeric in an SQL string in the report.

regards,

Lars

···

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Jerry Aziawa atsu86@gmail.com wrote:

Good evening,

I have not been able to run standard reports based on report tables. Whenever i try to run a standard report the system generate an exeception and i have copied the first lines below.

type Exception report

message Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to render report

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

Here are other lines from that exception that i thnik might be helpful.

root cause

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRValidationException: Report design not valid : 1. Field not found : reporting_month_name 2. Field not found : param_organisationunit_name 3. Field not found : organisation_unit_is_parent

I would be glad if someone could help me sort out this problem.

Jerry AZIAWA

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

1 Like

Am having a similar issue as this user from 6 years ago. In the past, I would run the Report Table and download the JRXML file which I then use as the basis for my standard report. I no longer see the option to run a report table so I downloaded the raw JRXML from Pivot Table (Download > Advanced > JRXML) but when I try to compile in Jasper Report Designer, I get the error…Report design not valid. I get the same error when I use the file in Standard report. Is there something am not doing correctly? Please advice.

1 Like