No drop-down menu for "object type" in metadata import

Hi all! I have come across a weird issue - I am unable to import metadata, and by screen sharing with a colleague, I have narrowed it down to one particular issue. When I go into import/export, then metadata import, then select my file to upload - the option to select and objective type never appears. My colleague logged in as me and it worked fine, so it seems to be a browser or computer issue, but it is happening in Chrome Incognito, so I am not sure what to do! Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, are you using a Mac or PC? I found this problem as well, and it is only one I have while using a PC. You have to be careful about the type of CSV file you are trying to upload (since there are about 8 options that can be saved from Excel).

1 Like

Hi! I am using a PC, and it turns out my colleague was using a Mac, I was actually going to come update this this morning! Did you find a type of CSV file that worked on a PC? I couldn’t find one. We thought maybe it was a version testing issue with the latest update we did, but maybe it’s an issue of Macs accepting the generic CSV and PCs needing a different?

Hi @ctbits,

Try clearing your cache, log out and close the browser. open the browser and try logging in again then let me know if the problem still persists.

Best,
James.

Hi James,

Yes I have cleared the cache many times, tried different computers, different browsers, different user accounts, it seems to be an issue with every instance on PCs rather than Macs - it works fine in Macs.

Thanks,

Claire

1 Like