New DHIS2 Documentation Site

Dear Community,

We would like to announce that DHIS2 now has a new Documentation site!

You can reach it directly by navigating to https://docs.dhis2.org/

The documentation is the same, but we think this new format makes it much more accessible. In particular

• Search bar at the top, as well as improved navigation, should make it easier to find what you want.
  • Edit links have been set up to the source files to make it even easier to update. (And personally, I find it much easier to spot stuff that needs fixing!)

There are still some things we want to fix or improve, but we think that it is already useful to the community, so we are sharing this now.

Check it out and let us know what you think!

Note

• Some known issues are:
    • Most inter- and intra-document links will still go to the old format, or not work at all
    • There are only a small amount of French translations (most of the “French” content is still English).
  • The old document formats are still available in the same locations as before; so if you have saved links they will still work :wink:
  • Navigating to the root (https://docs.dhis2.org/), where the index previously was, will take you to the documentation for the latest version (currently 2.33). You can easily switch versions at the top of the left navigation.
  • The Search is applied across all documents for the current version.

Enjoy!

Phil

18 Likes

This is so great! Saves the hustle of navigating through different versions to search for content.

Thanks team!

4 Likes

This is awesome! Weldone team.

4 Likes

Awesome :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

This is really great!
It is putting all the things in one place and simply accessible.

Thanks for the great work team!

4 Likes

Thanks team. Its making life easier and better already.

4 Likes

This nice really for the documentation

4 Likes

Well-done team.

3 Likes

Excellent.A ‘one-stop shop’ for DHIS 2 documentation.

3 Likes

This is nice, easier navigation saves time with less frustration, can I fix some of the typos I found while reading the documentation?, :grin: so I can sleep better :grin:, it always frustrated me whenever I find one while reading documentation.

2 Likes

I am Ehon Anthony from Nigeria. Just following discussions with community members

1 Like

Welcome to the dhis2 community, @Tonyehon :slight_smile:

Looking forward to reading your first contribution and/or question.

Cheers,
matthieu

1 Like

Hi @hamsa,

We’re glad you like the new documentation site!

In response to your question about fixing typos - yes you can! And we welcome the community to submit updates when they see errors!

The chapters have an “edit this page” pencil icon at the top:

That is a link to the source page on github. The process for submitting a change is described here: https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-docs/blob/master/src/commonmark/en/content/common/submitting-a-doc-fix.md
Note that with the “edit this page” link on the chapters, you can skip the parts about finding the page (steps 2 and 3).

Kind regards,
Phil

2 Likes

Thanks, it looks faster now