Need some assistance: How to list all events in a repeatable stage

Hi,
Iam not able to view all events of a tracked entity in event reports. The event report shows only the last event though there have been several follow up visits for patients.

Thanks

Hi @hernandezmachava unfortunately that is not currently available in the event reports app. We are developing a new app to replace the event reports app that will make this possible, but that is still at least one year away. Possibly @Calle_Hedberg might have some ideas on a work around.

Hi @Scott,

I will be pleased to hear from other members of the community that there is a workaround to this problem.

Thank you.

Following this to learn as well! I’ve avoided repeatable events unless the main benefit is case management (viewing within the TEI profile) but we don’t need much as far as analysis/program indicators.

Hi @Natalie_Tibbels,

You say you have avoided repeatable events. What approach do you adopt when you have an unknown number of stages? If I know the number of stages, I use, of course, non repeatable stages.

Sharing your experience can help me.

Thanks

Hi @hernandezmachava
There have been two cases where I either did or wanted to use a repeatable stage - one for community activities where people would gather for multiple sessions and one for follow ups. For the first, I made a repeatable stage, such as “community dialogue session” and just a data element to note the session number and topic. But I found the analytics complicated, so I ended up making non-repeatable program stages (“session 1” “session 2” “session 3”…) for all planned sessions. The other one was follow ups - if we were documenting phone calls or home visits in order to reach a certain outcome (to find out if someone used a self-test or something). It worked great in the client profile to see the timeline and the number of encounters or attempts, but when it came to event reports, it was hard to figure out what was going on (also see this thread: Using the same data element in multiple stages causing a conflict in event reports?), and even with program indicators like if I wanted to count the number of TEIs who received three or more follow ups, there were a lot of errors on the data collection side with them trying to keep track of which “follow up number” it was. I always have a compulsory yes/no data element in every program stage to ensure there aren’t blank stages or that I’m able to sort of validate my event counts later. It’s probably my inexperience but I wanted a way to have an indicator, for example, where the expression was TEI count and the filter was event count for the repeatable stage > 3 (meaning, the client received more than 3 follow ups). Or another example, if we had a data element in the stage for “follow up outcome”, and the response for the first two follow ups was “client not reached” and then “client reached” and then the next stage “client not reached”, and I wanted to know how many clients were ever reached. If you do an event count, you may count the same client multiple times, and if you do TEI count, it’s not clear which response over multiple events will determine the count. These are obviously very specific use cases and it wasn’t that hard to simply have non-repeatable stages “follow up 1” “follow up 2” “follow up 3”, knowing that realistically we are not following up on the same client more than 5 times.
I think we’ve discussed on other threads problems with program indicators where you end up having to set up all possible combinations of attendance!
Help needed with setting up a tracker - #2 by Natalie_Tibbels

Maybe others with more expertise have other ideas on the repeatable stage question, because I agree it’s more elegant.

Hi @Natalie_Tibbels,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I agree with you: creating indicators and viewing analytics is very hard when using repeatable stages. I like your thread on using the same element in multiple stages. It has helped me to understand other things. I one created a tracker capture with one data element in several program stages, but this approach did not help me when it came to analytics. Form now, I know it is better to make a separate data element for each stage.

Thanks again.

1 Like