My maintenance app on my dhis2 instance running on Windows has stop working

Hello everyone,
How do I configure android phones to a dhis2 instance running on tomcat.
I have a small project and want experiment with dhis2 instance running on tomcat rather than survey to.
How do I make the android phone be on the same network with the tomcat instance.
Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @Catagula,

Download the DHIS2 android app then you will be required to provide the full server IP address and port number where tomcat is running then username and password. Here i am assuming that you will have already created the dataset/program that will be used to capture the data.

best,

Absolom

1 Like

Thank you
But how do I make the android phone be in the same network as the tomcat

1 Like

I seem not to understand exactly what you mean. please explain further

1 Like

Thank you for responses
I mean someone said that the android phone needed to be in the same network as the tomcat. This I don’t know his to go about it

1 Like

If your DHIS2 instance is accessible through DNS then it is not necessary to be in same network. Either you can setup your own server and host the dhis2 application over there or you can buy from any provider. BAO systems provides hosting services for DHIS2, DHIS2 Hosting – BAO Systems

If you want to test only then yes the phone need to be in the same network and then you can access using the IP of the tomcat server from the phone.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, I want to carry out a minor project involving 10 android phones and wonders how I can connect it to the dhis2 instance running on just tomcat

1 Like

It really depends on your IT infrastructure and/or needs. If your DHIS2 instance needs to be accessed from the internet, you’ll need a public IP or a domain name to connect to. If you only need to access it from your local network, you’ll need a private IP for your tomcat. Same way, your devices can collect data with or without having connectivity, but at some point you want to send data to the server, so they need to know where it is (IP address or domain name).

Only if your tomcat is placed in a local network, your android devices must be connected to the same network to push data to DHIS2. Otherwise, you just need to know tomcat’s public address and have connectivity on your phone.

Once you decided your scenario and configured your DHIS2 instance, you configure the android app to connect to it, as mentioned in this thread.

1 Like

Thank you all very much

1 Like