Missing Permission to View Event Analytics - 2.30 User App

Hi,

Anybody encountered error in trying event analytics (in Event Reports, Event Visualizer or Maps app) when using a non superuser account. I cannot find the relevant permission in Users App in 2.30. Please see the screenshot below.

3 Likes

Created JIRA issue [DHIS2-5198] - Jira

4 Likes

Thanks Pamod - as discussed offline the endpoint requires the user to have the event analytics authority, but this authority is missing in the current version of the users app. Hence the bug report.

3 Likes

Hi @Pamod,

it seems like this authority was incorrectly removed in a previous version. Our developers are working on adding it back in now. You can follow the progress of the work on the Jira ticket you created.

Thanks for reporting this!

2 Likes

Thanx Markus and Stian. I will follow up the JIRA ticket

3 Likes

@Pamod the authority has now been added, and if you get the latest version of 2.30 or newer you will find the authority in the users app.

Thanks a lot for reporting!

3 Likes

Thank you @Markus , Viet and team for fixing it real quick. Will download and try now.

3 Likes

Hi All

I am working on V2.30 build revision 853d10f and the feature to “View event analytics” under the user roles - Tracker is available.

I have selected this option for a specific user group, but it seems that after some time, this box automatically unchecks itself. I have done this several times and this checkbox specifically is the one that undoes itself. This has happened to me with several user groups (not only a single one) and this obviously affects viewing the data on dashboards etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could this be a bug or is there potentially something else that would be causing this?

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

2 Likes

Hey @Terence_Scott,
Since you are running a version of the code that was built without the fix below, the authority you mention would have been deleted on each server startup. The problem should be resolved if you upgrade to the latest 2.30, which includes this fix:

Best regards,
Markus

2 Likes

Thanks @Markus - that is excellent news! We will upgrade ASAP to resolve the issue.

2 Likes