Metadata not loading in Tracker Capture in Play demo server

Hi all,

I have seen in 2.29 and 2.30 play demo version that one is unable to Open Tracker Capture and open a program. The message displayed says “Unable to Load Metadata” It would be really helpful if this can be fixed because it is sometimes useful to view or demo a feature in the Play instance and with that not working it is not possible.

Regards,

Elmarie

2 Likes

Hi @Elmarie_Claasen, this can happen if you switch between multiple instances and versions of DHIS. Have you tried to use the “Browser Cache Cleaner” app to clean your cache. This should normally solve the issue with meta-data not loading. If this does not solve your issue, let me know.

2 Likes

Hi @lukasewvd, I now cleared the browser cache in DHIS and the orgunithierarchy is loading without finishing. Logged in as the admin user.

Regards,

Elmarie

1 Like

Hi @Elmarie_Claasen can you see the org units or are they not loaded at all? If you can see them, can you click and select one?

1 Like

Hi @lukasewvd, no the orgunit tree does not appear it keeps loading.

Regards

Elmarie

2 Likes

Hi @Elmarie_Claasen, can you try to follow these steps (Refreshyourcache.com - The Guide to Clear your Browser Cache!) and try again?

2 Likes

In such cases where Browser cache refresh don’t solve the problem, the simplest check is usually to switch to inkognito mode and try again (inkognito mode does not use caching).

Otherwise, for anybody getting persistent “Failed to load metadata” errors, it could be related to the use of Tomcat 8.5.35 or later, which by default blocks the use of square brackets (which DHIS2 uses). You then needs to add an instruction into Tomcat’s “Server.xml” conf file to relax that constraint.

2 Likes